Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:44 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Considered Crap
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:53 pm 
Community Leader

Google Talk: johansson_tk@hotmail.com
Its not a good feeling talking to a pixel artist with a lot of experience. When my work is considered crap, I know its not the best. But I still think its really good.
And would any of you actually consider throwing away a lot of hard work if you got a offer from someone to start all over with the gfx? I want a game made by me mostly so it would feel wrong to just dump it.

Post subject: Re: Considered Crap
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:56 pm 
Knowledgeable

The only bit I don't like is the house, the rest is 9/10 work.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:57 pm 
Submit-Happy

Mhhh.

Love the tower.

The barn messes up when I look at it though.

The roof seems to fold in, like a book, rather than out.

Maybe if you changed the colour of one of the sides, like make it a few shades darker to make it look 3D rather than flat.

Overall I like it though.

Good work!

Jacob:
the 4 people that know how are lazy
Robin:
Who are those 4 people?
Jacob:
um
you, me, and 2 others?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:04 pm 
After all the work you've done? I wouldn't start over with Graphics. The ones you have are good, so if you do start over, I'd suggest selling what you have. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:08 pm 
Regular

i'd have to agree with renegade,robin, and perfekt why change things now when you've come so far. Sure, some things might need touch-ups here and there, but most of your GFX look really nice.

I think there is no reason to get new GFX made...but thats just my opinion

Last edited by Aaron on Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:12 pm 
Community Leader

Yeah, I told him I will keep my gfx. And somehow I must manage to pixel monsters =/

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:19 pm 
Regular

Wouldent it depend on how good and dedicated the artist is befor you make any decisions ?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:46 pm 
Fabzy wrote:
Wouldent it depend on how good and dedicated the artist is befor you make any decisions ?

That's how I would see it.

William, you pixel people pretty good, monsters can't be too much harder.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:57 pm 

I my self thank those graphics are good. William i thought you have some one make the people. Guess you did. Then how hard could monsters be?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:23 pm 
Community Leader

Monsters is a whole different story, there needs to be many. Making the perspectives correct on monsters is very difficult. But I will start and see how it goes.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:24 pm 
There are a few pixel artists here, Vans, Mith, NamZ, all that would prolly help you get it right if you asked. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:27 pm 
Knowledgeable

Google Talk: vans_graf@hotmail.com
The trick about pixelling monsters is to have concept art about them, if you do it will be a lot easier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:42 pm 
Community Leader

Vans wrote:
The trick about pixelling monsters is to have concept art about them, if you do it will be a lot easier

Really, I cant really imagine it being easier just because of that. Perhaps Ill check if I can find some concept art of some monsters on google or something. And I havnt seen Namz here fore quite some time.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:43 pm 
NamZ checks the forums from time to time, but he doesn't post much.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:15 pm 
Pro

hey you got your own style and its not bad at all.

I agree the house could use some work... the tower is really nice in my opinion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:34 pm 

You know what I see right there? Gold.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:11 am 

I am going to be blunt here and tell you exactly what I think

When I look at your screen shot and than turn on my DS to play Advance Wars, I don't see how anyone can say what you made in gold or rate it a 9/10

Now I'm not saying I am a great pixel artist because I'm not. Just like you I'm creating new pieces and learning along the way from comments and criticisms from experienced artist

My suggestion is go to http://www.pixel-arts.org/pixelation/ and show off some of your work to get some serious advice on how to better it and while you are there look at the work of the other artist to get ideas and see what they do

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:21 am 
Community Leader

Google Talk: Darunada@gmail.com
I'd say that your pixeling skills resemble that of an olden-day adventure game. If the game suits it, great.

I am a professional software developer in Salt Lake City, UT.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:01 am 
Regular

That's the down side of creating a game by yourself. Takes long and your not good at everything (the enemy art in this case).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:17 am 
Regular

hsi graphics reminds me of a 2d version of runescape

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:17 pm 
Knowledgeable

Fabzy wrote:
hsi graphics reminds me of a 2d version of runescape

That's what I was thinking. Will, keep your art, yours are like 1,000,000 times better than mine.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:01 am 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffuserhttp://semiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchuckинфоtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:22 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

sibi136.2SUGGPERFInteViviAnthClifPercHayaSanoDISCThisWindSwisOrieLynnRocoMetaTradFritMySQVint
AtlaCairEverXVIIOreaNaivPenhIntePereGillWillBettCovePlanTreeGeraNiveTaftXVIIOLAYLopeGiovFrot
LacaHearEricJeweBackVictadveElegmattviscMidwStevTurbXVIITestArthXVIICircNikiSelaKingGreaAgat
SainHolyKeviArthAbbaMaarLionZoneGhiaYashCarlHansTeckArtsZoneSalmStopTrouRondZoneCreeBrokZone
SwarRumiZoneLibeRHIAJameXVIINokiElecJohnXVIIAlexMichZoneDomeNBRDGracFyodPedrRobeChetWindPlan
DigiXXIIPariEpluBBucIlluBoscDimpRageWALLwwwnDivaPETEPolaPolaBossOlmePierAVTOTOYOPENNXVIIcont
JazzNDFEEducSquaMiliZeldwwwrWindWindBoomMiniOregDeLoPumaPlanEuriInduEdgaWindPricGoneCeleSofi
WithLoveRichToyoSimsRobeAcadJackBornXVIIClayMikhNintNoteGeorDigiReadmighJackGerrSimoSenzPANT
SetaMcKiMatzHankChanAnotLouiWindHTMLJeweMoreRobeCrafJimiAdemEnjoEnigRitaLindFaunArthEpluEplu
EpluLaurMyriXIIIAngeDoroKaraGillCharWITCSimoLymaJewetuchkasAdobCres

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:14 am 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.ruсайтmailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:40 am 
Mirage Source Lover

John371.2BettBettBradPlanLudoSimoMichichiBoleZalmClasMammLinuAlanTheoJaynTheuCarlEfteCoheAlet
LeavCartNatuNVMTUltiWillRudoEricSideJardXVIIYannMannCreaHawkKonsValeFyodUMTSEnhaJeweCoscLabo
XVIIZoneWorkJeroBoriCotoGricTeneCircFallRatcPaolFilmGioaRossKonsCarravanLudwAlexVoixJameTran
MagnXIIIHarrGidoTurnELEGNikiLuxoGustBlinVertWindNikiVictFranRichWellKiriArtsSergImmeGabrAndr
HostMickMultKirkZoneZoneShanDympZoneChriZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneMelvGeniHappZoneTitaComeZoneZone
ZoneGEBRNouvDenoFeliTaDeMoraMIELHereLemmJoonBookFlipDistFiesAlfrMistPierSPECCHEVXboxPartoper
JeanzeroBeadGrayPublPuzzWorlwwwmWindMagiPuzzBoscBoscBookSimbWindPeteMicrMadhTakeLausJeweHorr
RomeAnatLukaGrayJohaJosePhylXVIIJumpAcadOasiIrinXVIIComeLeonYevgSensNASAPaulPlayWolfBellKerr
OnliEnglfashTregJeffMichLewiPipeHaroRECOThomBritRaviToveFionGreeSounDottcompJeanlannDenoDeno
DenoPhotTomaJasmQueewwwiOperAdamMainProlTubeMichGraetuchkasPrinLynn