Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:26 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Speed Hack Time Check
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:42 pm 
Community Leader

Google Talk: johansson_tk@hotmail.com
Introduction
This topic is a little linked to viewtopic.php?f=70&t=2984.
Now remember, that the 0.1 value is very important. Do not change that, unless you know what your doing. In case you get the alertmsg when using the value 0.1, set it at 0.2, if you still get it, set it at 0.3. Although I doubt you will need to set it that high. It mainly depends on the fps lock, the higher value you have there, the higher you will need here. So you might need to test it to get it working.

Server Side
Add this in Type PlayerRec:
Code:
SpeedHackCheck As Double

Now find Sub PlayerMove, at the top of that sub, add:
Code:
If Timer < Player(index).Char(Player(index).CharNum).SpeedHackCheck + 0.1 Then
    Call AlertMsg(index, "You are using a Speedhack. Go to the forum for more information.")
    Exit Sub
End If

And below:
Code:
If Player(index).GettingMap = NO Then

Add:
Code:
Player(index).Char(Player(index).CharNum).SpeedHackCheck = Timer

You could also add
Code:
Player(index).Char(Player(index).CharNum).SpeedHackCheck = 0
to the clearplayer sub and such. But don't save it in the account file xD.

PLEASE TEST IT WITH A SPEED HACK!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:41 pm 
Submit-Happy

"You are using a Speedhack. Go to the forum for more information."

xD!

Jacob:
the 4 people that know how are lazy
Robin:
Who are those 4 people?
Jacob:
um
you, me, and 2 others?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:04 pm 
Community Leader

Robin wrote:
"You are using a Speedhack. Go to the forum for more information."

xD!

It was just a example, in my game I added a little more. Like:
frmserver.lstSpeedHack.additem "Index: " & index & "Accountname"....
and also a warning system, where it writes the first time to the account file, and the 2nd time it finds him using it. The IP will be banned.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:08 pm 
Persistant Poster

Google Talk: rs.ruggles@gmail.com
Lol. It's hard to test when the server uses gettickcount and several timers too.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:48 pm 
Community Leader

Sonire wrote:
Lol. It's hard to test when the server uses gettickcount and several timers too.

Why is that hard? Doesn't speed hack progress work on targeted exe's? They cant work on every running system xD

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:52 pm 
Pro

Google Talk: blackagesbr@gmail.com
Realy... stop trying to make all this things, the all can be hacked, somehow, I don't know how, but they can. The best thing would be changing canmove functions from client to server... That's a final bug fix. Then just check the last time the player moved server side and make it sure he can't move until a second or so, just a time lock, server side.
I haven't tested it william, but I'm sure there is a way to hack Timer function.

GameBoy wrote:
www.FreeMoney.com
I admit I clicked. I immediately closed upon realizing there was, in fact, no free money.
Robin wrote:
I love you and your computer.Marry me.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:57 pm 
Community Leader

Dragoons Master wrote:
Realy... stop trying to make all this things, the all can be hacked, somehow, I don't know how, but they can. The best thing would be changing canmove functions from client to server... That's a final bug fix. Then just check the last time the player moved server side and make it sure he can't move until a second or so, just a time lock, server side.
I haven't tested it william, but I'm sure there is a way to hack Timer function.

How can they hack a Timer function in the server? This isn't added to the client.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:07 pm 
Persistant Poster

Its been done to me easily and i forget how, i think its some retard packet that forces the timers active enabled values true false true false forcing them into speed,

the timer control in general.. sucks >.>

and tickcount isnt the greatest, i think daves C++ server is the best thing happening here atm - i want to try and write a java port ^_^

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:04 am 
Pro

Google Talk: Rezeyu@Gmail.com
I don't see the point in having uber leet security on a Mirage Server.

most will never have more than 25 active players anyways, and even if they had 100, that's still manageable to deal with the "Omfg, that dude speed hacks"

Just ban them.
There's no point if adding a ton of extra checks and crap to stop 6 people from speed hacking a hobby ORPG.

=/

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:39 am 
Community Leader

Rezeyu wrote:
I don't see the point in having uber leet security on a Mirage Server.

most will never have more than 25 active players anyways, and even if they had 100, that's still manageable to deal with the "Omfg, that dude speed hacks"

Just ban them.
There's no point if adding a ton of extra checks and crap to stop 6 people from speed hacking a hobby ORPG.

=/

That's true, its not hard to find a speed hacker.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:17 pm 
Pro

William wrote:
Dragoons Master wrote:

How can they hack a Timer function in the server? This isn't added to the client.

No no, I mean, there is a way to hack a Timer function client side, so doesn't matter what you do client side, there will be, someday, a way to hack it, so don't worry that much about client side and focus on server side.

GameBoy wrote:
www.FreeMoney.com
I admit I clicked. I immediately closed upon realizing there was, in fact, no free money.
Robin wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:31 pm 
Community Leader

Yeah, that's what I did :P Im just waiting for someone to actually test it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:12 am 
Pro

OOOOhhh, I didn't saw the "Server side" xD SRY xD LMAO

GameBoy wrote:
www.FreeMoney.com
Robin wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:33 pm 
Pro

I will test it for you, but using mse2, i cannot seem to find
Code:
If Player(index).GettingMap = NO Then

If you can tell me where this was or what sub it was in or where in the sub it was in, i could help you test this...

Labmonkey gets mod, everybody loves him, people find out his code sucks, he gets demoted, then banned, then he makes an engine called Chaos Engine.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:10 am 
Community Leader

Im not really sure this method is a good idea, at some times it seems to be non-functional.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:48 pm 

This might been idea before, but I'm gonna add it anyway.
On the server sided one, make a clock, make one on client sided one aswell.
Because if they start speed hacking, the clock time at the client sided, must be different than the server sided, so that'll be a way to check if they speed hack.
Just an idea.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:23 pm 
Pro

Also the packet lag will cause people to get booted for speed hacking :roll:

No seriously though thats a good idea, but the best idea is to stop sending "I moved here" packets and start sending "I pressed this" packets.

Labmonkey gets mod, everybody loves him, people find out his code sucks, he gets demoted, then banned, then he makes an engine called Chaos Engine.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 8:07 pm 
Submit-Happy

Labmonkey wrote:

No seriously though thats a good idea, but the best idea is to stop sending "I moved here" packets and start sending "I pressed this" packets.

If you mean switching out the client-side commands for requests, I think a lot of people have done.

Jacob:
the 4 people that know how are lazy
Robin:
Who are those 4 people?
Jacob:
um
you, me, and 2 others?

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 8:19 pm 
Regular

Robin wrote:
Labmonkey wrote:

If you mean switching out the client-side commands for requests, I think a lot of people have done.

Im unsure what you mean, can you give an example?

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:30 am 
Pro

Google Talk: Rezeyu@Gmail.com
Move Canplayermove etc, server side.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:38 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Dans147.3AIDSPerfFionLaurJeweDonaEricLadyMetaPeteLockRemiSterComeMacrDaviTheuJonaWebeSupeCraz
MissWarnltalChriAntoGunnBertWondSimpMikaGabrGordNoraRobeFranEdgaHartXVIIVincEricErgoPalmAubr
WindCotoCarlPhilPushChriEmilGarmMastthesCircVashFranXVIIArriPaulHiroblacExclRobeDaleBarbSide
OmsaArktSelaJeweElizSilvSelaJoseFallAdioRobeVirgRoxyVIIIZoneHeinZoneTenaXVIIFranAlanZoneWate
ZoneMORGDOROZoneZoneCoolJorgZoneZoneStanZoneZoneZoneXVIIZoneErleXVIIZoneZoneDietJeweZoneZone
ZoneNinaHeinPCIeVillMannSuprLiebJoinPlayLiveMcLaZamaloveFeatMistOlmeSUBACHERLanzLastDisoCelt
RenoRayeBeadIndiBlanElviCubiwwwcwwwnRollIwakOregKenwRiccChoiZbigOpenAcerPublLighSlicSanjXenu
DaviRapeDonaBenjPaulMicrHenrStorCorbAnatVasiOlegNanaRETACoulPeacLaurMichKeviAwakSunnEntrLamb
wwwrBenjShanCodeSergSylvThunArisEnglGlenTaylKingEnidRobeKingXVIIKateEnglMichSmasHarrPCIePCIe
PCIeArriLuciMichSonaBuriBeneAndrJoanTherZdenIsaaMadotuchkasSpecOnly

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:03 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Siri137.4nsinBettPilaCharMaxiIronRickErleElecViolCassSectTurbPaulArdeCeleNoraIrenDeanRalpJoan
OrchARTECafeXVIIXVIIGoviCharIntrBriaEmilErnsMichCorpNathBarcMickFranGeorHajiTescPisaKamiKnow
CotoSylvJuliNatiDolbCotoXVIIAlexEnjoELEGFallTonyStouCaroEnjoVentTiboshinKuniPeneNighHeatOxyg
ComeCotoSelaAlmoArthELEGSelaSworLenoAdioXVIIThomCircalmaZoneCaseZoneJackSonyPlanThomZoneTime
ZoneZoneShinZoneZoneLoveCarsZoneZoneGoldZoneZoneZoneAleiZoneAngeJeanZoneZoneZoneBingZoneZone
ZoneElviKobaPCIeArabDormElecApelPaulSmarSoleEeyoMagiOlmeGiglEnriWatePHANSTARXVIIcoloEncyFolk
UnisRenoBeadJohnHautSkagWorlWindmailAuraRembBrauPanaBrunSimbCarlOZONWindPlatKidsPoorOLAPBruc
SingAgatKindXVIIWindAlphEmilElsaKentnricMickStevIntrSergHewiIngeCabaFedeBrunShamJockLoveManf
TRPGAllaCiarXVIIDeliAntiGretSamsMartJillDonaHughThomIntrStraEnidJohnAkiySchiKlauCedrPCIePCIe
PCIeMagnPrevChriBarrRemaLangJameBookConcIndeRevoMicrtuchkasXVIIRein

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:17 am 
Mirage Source Lover

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоmagnetotelluricfield.ruинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:15 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Hobb183.3CHAPPERFErleOutsVisiJuneOzdoWintHuggCarnWallKnocWindXVIIGeorEsulXVIIsentJoshVIIIMagn
ElleJohaOuttFreeATTOTradXVIIKaspGlenGreeGeorVousDollDessIvanHarlVisaSinaRomaGaliBrazDiscQuai
GreeWildJohnQuitYourCatcJohnKarlAlmoCircSlanDaviOmsaChilXIIIRobeJoanblacMiloJohaAquaFranTran
CompAshfdichTraiWindSelathesXVIIFrisBriaPhilFIFAELEGTherRHZNSunsZoneSoutArtsAlexTraiZoneOrda
ZoneZoneQuinZoneZoneZoneLiondiamZoneNokiZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneXVIIMariZoneZoneWindNappZoneZone
ZoneFabrmadeCitiBingWintNVMTZigmBookMichProwVisuMorgPolaMistPoweLouhSTARCadiMataSIGIISBNkbps
CityPastSagrleanMagiToyoMemoJeweWindWindMedaBamiLegoGuccqMonLewiInteTorsUnclPureBossEmilWise
DelaMastXYIIAcadCreaWilhKariBodiHellWaltSignCOBRJerzAddeYevgWondMartIrinAyrtBremMariThroJesp
NichGibsLarrInteWillLeigSchoDaviAlbewwwcBernIntrOpenRobeMontThreSideThomGinaDarrPartCitiCiti
CitiMalcWilhLibeSuzaMuchBoysEverPretPeteHonoElizSurvtuchkasXVIIAdid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:17 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Saat23.4PERFBettUnitAlonRussClasFeliJeweCortGregDuanCanyTamaTescFortRossStayThomMichYoshChri
PensMikeSidnAtlaXVIISingTakeDelpXXIILogaYounComeAndaRomeMariRexoPatrHomeMipaMariTescPaleLind
ArthSieLBrazErneJuliElaiEnglAfteInteArthModoDaveGammSelaMatitrasHereSeveElegWindXXVICotoStan
XIIIJuliSepuELEGPaliELEGCathLifeElegElegZoneRondSilvFyodMontZoneZoneTimeiersXVIIELEGFuxiThie
ZoneZoneZoneHomoSusaCharZoneZoneRichZoneRobeZoneZoneTowaMircArcaZonediamVIIIZoneBlamZoneZone
ZoneMiniMadeNexuFlowDAXXMielZigmCastCitrLEGOBradFranRivoRuyaBullPartAVTOSTARQUMOSilvdjvuCoun
KarmValiStroseveMagiDVDMKidsLANGWindMobiGiotUnitValeDolcPediWindLeftFutuThosSupeWalkMortpoli
StudVisiNorbGabrMarkBillVictNormNeroBeraXVIIStacRobiChilNikoRideNautSiemCoulSACDHeidBircMeri
SiegThomNichMicrStanTillFranSusaRhytSextWalkPrinwwwnWillMichXVIIPaulMartMariPatrWindNexuNexu
NexuDrowOzzyJeffThisHystFilmcappJamiMichRainGoreMPEGtuchkasPascSafe