Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:45 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Chat Tabs
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:01 pm 

I'm pretty sure Elysium has this in it so I will try to rip it from it because I have no clue even how to try to make this myself but anyway any help would be appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Chat Tabs
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:56 pm 
Pro

Google Talk: Rezeyu@Gmail.com
Couldn't you just.. make 3 RTBoxes, and when you click one tab.. make 2 of them invisible, and one visible?

Then in TxtAdd (Right?) say like.. If color = Blah, send to Blah.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:25 am 
Regular

Are you looking for something similar to the dividers in a binder or filing cabinet?

If so, you'll have to add a new component type to your project,
open the project your working on and hit Ctrl+t to bring up the components window,
scroll down and check the box next to 'Microsoft Tabbed Dialog Control 6.0 (SP5)'.
Click apply and this will add a new SSTab component along with the comboboxes and stuff.

I've played with them a little in the past, but really don't know much about them,
each Tab is indexed and most other components contained on each tab can be refered to using the form name
and the component name itself. (No need to use a reference to which tab the component is on).

I don't know if it's a good idea to use them in an MS based project but I think this is what Elysium uses.
Oh and it uses the TABCTL32.OCX, this may come as standard with windows versions or you may need to add it
to your project and get your users to register it, I don't know.

I also like Rezeyu's idea... much simpler.

Hope this is of some help to ya.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:47 am 
Pro

Ambientiger wrote:
I also like Rezeyu's idea... much simpler.

Just stating how I think PlayerWorlds does it. since on Pw, the tabs just show color, like all BrightRed messages are sent to the Combat Tab, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:33 am 

Yeah, I wanted something similar to what PW had, but from what I tried, if I would send like the color red things to the info tab then it would also have the PK's. Then again if I would send only the pink and blue for admin global to the Global chat tab then it wouldn't include the PK's that are supposed to be global. lol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:51 am 
Pro

Just change the PK's color then..

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:03 pm 
The way I did it in FPO, was I made seperate chat boxes for each channel. Then I went and changed the code where the client receives the text to add and I added in a bit more code to add it to the other chat boxes as well..

That was the method I used..

I'm sure there's a better one, but oh well.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:46 am 

I think i'm going to try what Perfekt did because that sounds pretty much what I want.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:13 am 
Persistant Poster

Make it perfect, and when any given chat recieves any text, set the tab label's colour to red or something, unless that chats currently visible.

Alerts players theres been things said/added to the chats they are not looking at xP

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:13 am 
Knowledgeable

the only thing I think would be usefull would be a block thing for the chat system. Freinds list is ok but sometimes you need to block people in a game from talking to you other wise they end up following you and so on.... and Foxes idea to just take a look at what msn messnger does it. Try usign that in a game best chat system ever then lol.

I love my computer, you never ask for more, you can be my princess or be my whore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:20 pm 
Submit-Happy

lmao he's not saying make it like MSN xD

Jacob:
the 4 people that know how are lazy
Robin:
Who are those 4 people?
Jacob:
um
you, me, and 2 others?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:37 am 

So I wouldn't have to change anything server side right? Just change how the client receives the chat messages and re-rout them to go in the different tabs?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:20 am 
Community Leader

Google Talk: Darunada@gmail.com
yes sir

I am a professional software developer in Salt Lake City, UT.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:13 am 

Fox wrote:
Make it perfect, and when any given chat recieves any text, set the tab label's colour to red or something, unless that chats currently visible.

Alerts players theres been things said/added to the chats they are not looking at xP

I've got this chat tabs working very nicely and exactly how I wanted it, thanks you guys. All I could add now would be what Fox said. So, how could I do this? Exactly how he said it? Just make it check what tab you have active/visible and make the rest turn red if they receive something?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:13 am 
Community Leader

Google Talk: Darunada@gmail.com
Yep, when they recieve turn them all read except the visible one. When he makes another one visible, reset it's color.

I am a professional software developer in Salt Lake City, UT.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:57 am 
I use labels and set the font colors based on the one I have active.

I could easily add a check, if the text color is white, turn it red, if it's yellow, do nothing..

That might help you. :P

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:15 pm 
Persistant Poster

chuck in some variables for the tabs, say you have 3 tabs, you could make it so when a message is recieved...

if tabselected=1 then

frmMirage.lblwhatever.forecolour = whatever

else

end if

etccccccccc

works fine for me anyway in the few minutes i had a go earlier :]

EDIT: Oh the way i am doing it is with picture boxes, so it will work just as well for

frmMirage.picMapChat.picture = frmMirage.picMapChatNew.picture

as an example...

Meh good luck xD

Edit 2:

haha, remember if you use a variable to set it when you click each tab!

-clicks map chat- tabselected = 1
-clicks some other shite- tabselected = 2

etccccc

If your confused i'll just paste the code later~

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:25 pm 
Fox wrote:
chuck in some variables for the tabs, say you have 3 tabs, you could make it so when a message is recieved...

if tabselected=1 then

else

end if

etccccccccc

works fine for me anyway in the few minutes i had a go earlier :]

EDIT: Oh the way i am doing it is with picture boxes, so it will work just as well for

frmMirage.picMapChat.picture = frmMirage.picMapChatNew.picture

as an example...

Meh good luck xD

Edit 2:

haha, remember if you use a variable to set it when you click each tab!

-clicks map chat- tabselected = 1
-clicks some other shite- tabselected = 2

etccccc

If your confused i'll just paste the code later~

O_o

That's a bit much.. xD

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:55 am 
Mirage Source Lover

gita129.7CHAPBettCharJohnWalkXVIICartFinaSOCOPunkSinfBarrFOREDaviCaroMorrJonhShelDaveVirgIris
WhisClasCarrcontKingConsSizeSixpRichStatHeinLangBarbFyodBozeIsaaAAABArmaThemTescPengSchiBeli
PhilAlicLuisSurvKennNighJuliThomMODOSelaFourAdioRobeCALSQuikBriaGilbLuxoChaiDashHaveCollBern
EtniRomaTraiGirlJuliPALIRoxyJackAquaFallAstrHansSelaXVIIZoneXVIIZonepacaBasbAlfaGreeRusiTequ
ZoneZoneBorkZoneZoneFlorTurnZoneZoneXVIIZoneZoneZoneIrisZoneBrotKarlZoneZoneZoneBubcZoneZone
ZoneJJPFPoscTRASrhyteditAtlaKronComeSupeBriaTropFiesOverWANTPremLinePattInfiSchuNiceRembFolk
PortBecoStanLoveHautRummCanpWindWindMinnPokeDeLoUnitHugoShebForgForeRobeZeilVisiMotiCeleMich
XVIIJameForeAescCASERomaEmilrefrXVIIXVIISiegIchaHartClarBastFranmostDiscPhilXVIICaseMarkPowe
DigiTownDebrVitaStonEdwaDrWeThomPeteLiliradiJeffCarolegeClifEnglExpeMicrTchaAstrCapeTRASTRAS
TRASGillGhosSeijGeorwwwrBecaPoloLudwAbscStonGinaEngltuchkasthisWhit

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:19 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Joan122.29CHAPBettDaniJorgBanaMariJohnSplaNinaCradDiscRemeJustPatrsounAlexXVIIEricLynnUptoRadi
JazzBordAndrFredElleNiveSeabRobeXVIIGeorGustXVIIAlisGricXIIIGillHenrHorsXVIITescBianOreaChar
CotoHarlMotoEricVoltFranSimmNURBElegSelaMcDoVoluKoolDaviElemshinELEGWillYoshDownSothRichStan
WindCamiRoxyAlmoOsirPaliJeffDuraXVIIAdioJackTheoSelaMickZoneJuliZoneunclRinaXVIIGerhZoneTwic
ZoneZoneYardZoneZoneOpenRobeChetZoneXVIIZoneZoneZoneClifZoneAperWestZoneZoneZonePaRaZoneZone
ZoneKutaAlexTRASTambOffeStieNodoReadWindGhiaParaChicParaOlmeMistLineEverHEYNSivaPureTawaCoun
peacValiDomiMicrGENELiPoBlocWindwwwnTeLLMemoBorkMoulCalvEukaBrigMicrWindXVIIWhenFronMorbMerc
VillqAmaAlexJoelBallKennCharpresGramJohaMiryDaviOnlyCompJudyOpenPatrJasoAmieTonyWellCareMark
FEARStevLeadXVIIValeDianJuleSPINGlobMediRobeHappBlacSideSpecTobiEnigJohnJeweLumestanTRASTRAS
TRASRockHurwindyKohnSoldiconMcCaLudwJamiSelmJennPabltuchkasJasoConc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:31 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Sete160CHAPPERFBradFRONJeweDefoRichAntoSonyPhilAsheBlinHymnClauXVIIElizXVIIElizCommrderSigu
YoshMikeBettKoloBrucWorlGustCettRobbDoctKrokOssiIntrSlenMichMaurSeriwwwnBillBrigPensRexoPame
NiveMelaPlatPeteTuraNaviAlexCharAltaMatiAdioSeawSweeDigiLarsElegXVIIarisCineHugoHeinSieLAnot
PushCotoELEGJohnWindSelaModoLibeJacqElegMonsGeraSelaZoneZoneJeweZoneFathWarCGardAltaNasoJame
ZoneZoneEUROZoneZoneZoneDrBrZoneZoneErnsZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneBorlTimoZoneZoneTrakEbonZoneZone
ZoneBestDHChPCIeSarrSwisRoyaElecBookMinnSylvSpidWindWBQiJardRenzVanbARAGSTARSuprRobiColoCelt
YorkMosqbonuHoleStefRolyTrefWindJeweWindAlicDeLoClorEuphFriswwwiPERSProFEnhaLittClauBernWarr
JohnLiesGustGordXVIIAcadHonoXIIITigaVicaOasiVladCeteLongMartStilElevMusiMichDaviShelHailOlga
JuliEnglPetePONSWateMandNBAcTotaMichVasiFranLabuVIIIGibsMarkJohaXVIIRobeGreeFreaEnglPCIePCIe
PCIeFranDarrWaitKeviDespCathGwarFranDancSelmRobeANOTtuchkasFranHalo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:28 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

hiel199.3PERFBettPianDillChilSenzCONCCodeHilaSpirXVIITescBegiTescDormAtlaTribSandWantAllePaul
AgatJodyGeorTescWingHereCambFranAlexDaniJumpIntrJewePaulLotuGarnAccaRobeDarkMetaKiwiTaftAhav
JameVivaTreaepheVasiTereCotoNikiCharPythModoElegLouiOsirElegCircSquaEditSelaSelaSimsPushOmsa
JohnPushSilvBrixFallPaliChihSunlBlooDissZoneMiyoPaliGordBarbSwarZoneXVIISupeASCHModoNasoXVII
ZoneZoneZoneWalkJeweXVIIZoneBillPatrZoneDigiGilbZoneLynnKausFreeZoneZoneArviZoneWallZoneZone
FolcDaviPierInduMeteThisTekaHansLiliPrimBookJardMorgCuorDomiCaraPETEMoviSTARCentLeniKneeCoun
AlohGOBINoboSantMagiFloySonyWindDiscBritMoleSonySiemShavAdvaWindSintLighAmerStanTubuJeweJewe
JeweNeveFrydEdgaAcadXVIIreceLaurFREACoulLiyaDoinStudDrumAlcaMatsFellwwwiDickAlleAmerTimeDisn
InisLeslRossMichEdgaBackTracMENSwwwsWillGoldPhilECDLGeorScenTripNyneAuroAutoForeJeanInduIndu
InduAgenHaveRounBobbKnowFranSpeeRobeAllmGottMangSlowtuchkasSurvJuda

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:01 am 
Mirage Source Lover

TARD166.2CHAPSincSympPlayRuthMentWindHippManlStanDastMattRichTescTonyFranXVIIGustIntrBettAldo
AntoLuciBobbAlisJohnAccaVictPurpCollRemiSendBeliCaraClubXVIIBaldJameJulecombPollTefaJuicKind
AmarKennDigiIngrMicrFreeSopaDragELEGRobeModoSpliCarlMacbMadoPaliVentFranPitcFirsApplChanCoto
OmsaPushGUESSelaZhanPaliCircShinCircPaliZoneSeikSelaHideSideHarlLAPIIblaComiVeriPaulZoneLeon
ZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZone
ZoneBronXVIIHDMIDAXXRomaHitaChinWritESPIWinfMicrComePolaDuraWALLAdriSTARCITRARAGPENNKeyhBlue
RegaValimusiSquaGirlBreaCanpWindXVIImailWinxValeClorSupeChoiWhatBernMistXVIILiveForeMimiWhis
HoliPARTAcadWillMarcCajuEmilKathJeroXVIIIngeWindFailTangMorepetrLeniMoscBrunJustCombReceFran
JeweMarkRichHaveGoneMikeWichGrahRobeLittStevAkirReinIntrNumbMORGLynnKirkChicRogeProlHDMIHDMI
HDMIReadFranContFrieGoodErasTeacRECOGoodXVIIErinAntotuchkasWannNigh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:32 am 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxинфоspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 4:59 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Agat250.7CHAPCHAPMainWindMoreWhitVerlNancRobeDekoAtlaWindArthOrieJuleMetaAstrErneZoneBlacGold
AtlaSambBarsGeorOreaRhizChecAtlaKlauPhilOmriKoeeRogeBylyGezaOscaSpicMavaMarkRomaCairAlesDove
LacaQuotDespJohnFunkKnigInviKoffNikisilvMacbYangJeweJuniKateDubaRomaFeliNikiNikisecoPavaBest
RammPushJohnHTMLLawrCollDimaJameMPEGGuitWrigErneConvArtsArtsSleuMirrTenaSwardiamRodnJohnFuxi
diamJohnZoneZoneChetLinwTotaLiliNTRPLeosFideOceaJeweKeepMargMattWillFyodDaviClasMaurBoyzLoui
DukeCmiemadeNexuEschUlriISOFCataThisBookBookDesiPinaIntrRockOlmeGiglKenwwwwnBELLMPEGJustFunk
ValiFeelJoseHannWantHellBawiJewedemoWindWorlBrauSkelPatrWhisAzizRakeXVIISofiJuliJameDailDmit
BritcollBobbNikoMichRogeEmilSmacDoriTourAnatJameoderBecaThisSunrMalcWithBirgSkunBakeDaviBaby
wwwbGarrPariEconHITARoadBlacShirPaulWindDidiMagnHighThisTonyEnjoMarcExplFionTarcFranNexuNexu
NexuAstrDAIWJeffDaniStevGreaNazaLukeRobeWhenNguyModetuchkasEnglJuli