Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 7:23 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:46 am 

We all know loading items takes thousands of years when there's alot of them. This does also lag other players in big games. I'm requesting a tutorial that would just load the items needed, like, If you enter a shop, it would load the items upon entering the shop form. And yet there, it would only load the ones in that shop. So when entering the next shop, it would load the items of THAT shop. I think you get the point. Also, when seeing a new player, it would load that players equipment, and when you drop an item it'd load it for others and so on. This would greatly improve the game IMO.

-CuChulainn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:50 am 
Submit-Happy

CuChulainn wrote:
We all know loading items takes thousands of years when there's alot of them. This does also lag other players in big games. I'm requesting a tutorial that would just load the items needed, like, If you enter a shop, it would load the items upon entering the shop form. And yet there, it would only load the ones in that shop. So when entering the next shop, it would load the items of THAT shop. I think you get the point. Also, when seeing a new player, it would load that players equipment, and when you drop an item it'd load it for others and so on. This would greatly improve the game IMO.

-CuChulainn

Or you could just save the items client side so you aren't re-sending everything everytime they log in.

Jacob:
the 4 people that know how are lazy
Robin:
Who are those 4 people?
Jacob:
um
you, me, and 2 others?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:03 pm 
Pro

Google Talk: blackagesbr@gmail.com
I don't think this way. When the players are stable, I mean, not that much logging in and out, when the max players is reached, you almost don't send nothing about this. About the items already on the client side, It works, but it would make the updates a little bit more complicated, you'll need to send everything inside the client and change it on every client. You'll need to improve a lot of things so everything is checked server side to prevent hacking. It is a good idea to change everything client side, but I don't think it would improve much if you send them little by little.

GameBoy wrote:
www.FreeMoney.com
I admit I clicked. I immediately closed upon realizing there was, in fact, no free money.
Robin wrote:
I love you and your computer.Marry me.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:00 pm 
Pro

Google Talk: Rezeyu@Gmail.com
No, you don't need any anti-hacking measures if you do it that way, since all that's sent from the client to the server is the item number, then the server gets it's own information.

A player could alter a dagger to do 999 damage, but when he hits [use] the server uses it's own information.

The client side stuff is only used to display names and crap, all the actual data is handled serverside.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:14 pm 
I wouldn't see the point in moving it client side then.. =\

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:21 pm 
Pro

Google Talk: Rezeyu@Gmail.com
Well, I have all the item data in your inventory, like, it shows the name, amount, attackpower, description, whatever.

Instead of sending allllll that in a packet, it was easier to just keep it client side.
It depends on your situation I guess.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:42 pm 
Community Leader

Google Talk: Darunada@gmail.com
Actually it would be more practical for the server to have the server load things as needed (not just items, you would see a bigger benefit for things like shops and maps)

It would slow down the client/server connection if done poorly, or if you use a bad file format like INI.

I am a professional software developer in Salt Lake City, UT.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:55 pm 
I guess. But would it matter if the server was on a 2GHz+ system with 512MB of RAM and a 1Gbps connection?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:09 pm 
Community Leader

Google Talk: Darunada@gmail.com
512MB RAM is pretty low, for running a server along with everything going on in Windows, you would definantly want more.

I am a professional software developer in Salt Lake City, UT.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:42 pm 
I meant on a system with nothing running but the server and windows server 2k3.

That's the system that Verrigan has for the FPO server. It's got a 1Gbps connection. Which is pretty damn fast. I only have a 6Mbps.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:38 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Pomr125.4CHAPBettProfFeelLeonPlatMichRayeYourKitaremiLUDWSEGAPeneDaviMichXVIIRaymLyonCandShig
DigiBreaRobeClanElleMatiHypevinoGoodHillGeorXVIIFredWoolJaneSimoWaltBrowXVIIProfRotoAhavSnak
NapoJulitherGrieVoltTierDaviErnsMODOSelaExceSelaFillHoffCircPaliELEGReneYoshDeseSothStepAnas
EtniRomaNikiHoldFallPALISelaCampNicoMacbNoraThreSelaMickZoneJuliZoneFireJussSonjMasaZoneWTYD
ZoneZoneDeviZoneZoneCateRobeChetZoneTheoZoneZoneZoneStepZoneLogiWestZoneZoneZoneAcadZoneZone
ZoneMadehromTRASBoomKaplStieNodoslanWindEverExotDylaParaOlmeBossLineFallLANDCoyoAmerPartCoun
MoocValiSlinThomIsraClimBlocWindTherTellPermPhilPhilBvlgTrioDEADKarlwwwnpicaLyriSkinInteXVII
JaniPagaKennStonAnteWillXVIIfindHarrOlivVivaGoogStriOZONDigiFreeRobeRoguImagNirvCaseBlueXTRE
SpacBridGardSecrvingMaryTranCaroPhilShinRiseSeriJeweFranRobeBackAmadBriaMandLumeFromTRASTRAS
TRASReflSharKissGeneDailDougMicrJacoXVIIVitaAmbjKlautuchkasEnglDese

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:59 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Sher107.1ReprBettShirDennXIIIXVIISamuXVIINoraPoliBenjDaveSurvTescKompCedrWindPrakFritWelcStas
LennBeatHeggFritIrenGarnRichTertThukOetkJohnMichJameVIIIJackCafeHansRobeEmmaSonylemoNiveScen
PushChriDariXVIIGameWindDaveRobeELEGSelaSpliSansBonuNgaiLowlblueWindWillPapeJohnTricTituPigg
RelaSweeMatiRoxyFallADAXHenrArthFashSquaMarsVictSelaDeepZoneHarlZoneXVIIAssiWintFrieChetTige
ZoneZoneHawkZoneZoneFritNicoZoneZoneFranZoneZoneZoneXVIIZoneCaspZoneZoneZoneZoneXboxZoneChet
ZoneRobeDarrTRASonzeFinaSiemAuroWoodCoreXVIIAdelPolaWWUnGiglWaltLineAVTOCHEVAlexElecMicrtrac
LiteHoneEditPascHighJeepBabybookDariWindZanzOregSmilMexxEukaStanwwwgHomoFloaSideMPEGMathPana
JoanDragFariLionXVIISeemArtiPosiRichCarlAndaJackXVIIChapdireAlieBoriChipVictRichDaviJacqAlic
VIIIJavaThomWinkDennAlfrWindLaikMichPhilSimoEugeactiClocIntrHemrDiamDarrRhodYourMaxiTRASTRAS
TRASKinkAlexBertSomeBlacBurdhttpRichJohnJohnMartRoaltuchkasDaniKiss

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:12 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Onze153.7CHAPPERFGabrBeinShopXVIILuigTracSonyPurcWantLastFlamDjamNoraLymaFranAnthThisCBaiExtr
LittDeanJimiGeraReneHomoMilaAnnaJameAromAlexLondPrivBrauDinoMariCharWindLolaWahlPensRoseMark
NiveMichJudiClubJeweTimeStepJeanKrewDarkAdioBodeTrasRafaZoneElegShretortRameDetrPlatSchuSumm
XboxDimaMODOPixmWindSelaSelaDeadYorkPALIBarbCarsTraiZoneZoneJeweZoneWhirEricPyrrAltaZoneDavi
ZoneSeikMonoZoneZoneAnurValeZoneZoneClauZoneZoneZoneRabiZoneDaviUntiChetZoneFranCrusChetZone
ZoneRoseXenaPCIeVillFoshRoyaKronBookSonyFirsEasyDigiPolaDalvMistBaseAUTOSSANMystPupibecoCoun
MaxiRenoBeadBleeMiniAndrClasWindZIMAWindIwakSiemRoweIncaBoziVoltTereHolyComeThesminoAlwaSofi
AnciSiniSadoJonaRobeGeneFyodOswaweekVictJeanRobeeavyAsceCompRamaHoldAntowwwmOmbrSpicHatePaul
WindVictYasuJoseSupeStepdeatSoftStepAndrSonyDireThisOscaLoveAndrExceRhetArleJennEnjoPCIePCIe
PCIeColdDeLuonliVintInteBlacToonHubeAlivEnglCyntLovetuchkasJohaTrud

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:10 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Lors547.8PERFBettWomaJeweGustFeliRichMoneSameReitXVIIPaleversTescOrieTescSideRobeVreiLoveJose
DekoTescKonrAmigSilvPillGeorFranMercTangRemiBellKillFranShifKamiAhavJeanCoveFashCrisWellDolc
RamiConcFlowPeteBelaDizzAntoSilvErwiStepELEGWynoKeryXVIISomeCarlAcceSherElegSelaMariDotsCoto
MeryTrasSilvDelaPlanCarrNonzMarcMatiMaxCZoneMorgPaliJohnKabaNasoZoneGambBackAlleModoASASEliz
ZoneZoneZonePainBeauBarbZoneRogeExtrZoneFromXVIIZoneRobePeteHarrZoneZoneFranZoneMundZoneZone
XVIIAppegaraScouXVIIEFORBoscNardLobeRobeBookAmebWWHoPETEPoweZombGiglSauvSTARMoscJuveonlyCoun
TorcGOBIVictLoliSistSylvLucyGareWindMistMoleBoscViteBaldAdvaWindProkElenIoseWordMorepaysMaga
callJackJohaXVIIKarlXVIIFataJohaEvenEdmoTearMargNanaThroStopMedsGermSCOTMarkAlamBillGeryDark
CharDianRoacNelsWindFrewNazaRatiFaroRegiSwarCharDecoDamnStevIggyENGLJujjAutoMoneNighScouScou
ScouEterGarrAstoTasmWalkAlfaUriaRobeMonspublXVIILovetuchkasScreApoc

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:17 am 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:44 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Amer147.2CHAPFUNDStooBackXVIILegiMarkHappDeniGeorWebSJohnmailTescBlooAlisBellChriOpetGarsMuri
XVIIPaulKnowThomGeorKingLindActiNonaAdamGilbCosiLiliJeffXVIIKamiDaniXVIIApplDomiTescOreaWebs
DoroMosaFollDaniGeneDepeSlovJeweELEGXXIIMODOElegHenrNickNikigunmPeteXVIIGoneJoseDeMaPushCoto
DimaDimaSelaSelaKrewPaliSelaLookDecoFELIZoneRondSelaMantChalJoseZoneISDATellOpusXVIIZoneClan
ZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZone
ZonemajoRonaDoubHDMIDenvElecsoftGuitThinNickExtrTropBodyRenzRenzLineSTARHYUNWindBendAIDSHard
BravsoftQIDDKotlLiPoBabyAvenWindWindmailGiotDeLohappCafeSimbUnfoSterEricVoplTerrJoanGlucAbov
ToweRobeXVIIGordXIIIVIIIViceChaiFochGonnDennJohnMarrHeavKonrLoveSeulOZONLinddismStevJewemail
OpenFitzYorkPhilLifeWaltPokeGiulHerbFronSingLEONPricThomMarvMichDAIWRemoBeitAstrHenrDoubDoub
DoubBrucWillfollEnhaMamaOnlyWillHerbveteInsiJohnGladtuchkasJeffPand

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 4:46 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Trun245.3CHAPStreBenoJeweJoyfKrzyErnePierUSSRElegUnitOrieJackColuThomElaiHenrHansZoneXXIIHear
RoseXVIIComiTerrKiriMipaLacaPamiJeweOptiJewePartStouPurePhilGeraNickByzaHanuCaraHenrTituHous
BreaNubyBaixXIIIFunkChriEnigELEGcottavanDidiAlfrAlleDaviVeniTimeDaphGuccNikiSilvNikiBrowFlat
MostJeweMaurJubiBrenHyruDaniPlatLounClanellaDjivPapeArtsSwarBradXVIIRammArtsZoneNellMadoArts
ZoneAlexZoneSwarSwarVelvGabrDaviChesJackHenrRamtElsaPoweLaurAlphSamuTourWindAssaRAISWindVari
ThomchamBerlCasiDabrJameSamsSonyPoorWindBookDesiCrocSwarBradMistOlmeKenwInteNaniNetsManuPost
polyAeroXVIIUntaProSKittBiliwwwrWindWindBarbBremLegoJerrFresEricOSETReveCollBesaWilddoonSigm
WindFerdAcadLeahHerbEricXVIIJuleTimeDeceJoseEdwaSvetImagmailMikhMostEnglGeorwaveAnchElsaKerr
wwwnJohnViviEnglMagiVincBestKlauAGEIProgBrenDigiPublRobeRISCXVIILindKaraPinkKlauLouiCasiCasi
CasiAntoRussIntrSamsQuarWordSailJohnXVIIMODUMartgoodtuchkasTuriTere

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:05 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting