Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Changing NPC's Max Stats
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:44 pm 
Regular

Hey all,

Sigh... I'm even more dumb then I thought I were.

As some people may have read, I want to change the scrollbars for an NPC's Strength, Defense, Speed, Magic, Health, EXP Given to a textbox so you can put in whatever number you want.
This may be a good thing for other games too since you can make really strong NPC's with it which requires multiple people to be able to kill it.
Well, I thought it was a nice idea but I found out that I really suck at coding, so i'm asking very nicely to a good and very kind person if he/she can make a tutorial for me how to do it. So i want the scrollbars changed to textboxes (you can also keep the scrollbars but I want to be able to let the NPC's give more then 32k (max Integer value)Exp or have more then 32k strength.
Anyway, A big, very,very big thanks to the one who makes this, also thanks for the people who tried to help me in my other post.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:51 pm 
Knowledgeable

Google Talk: matt.nwachukwu@gmail.com
Abyss wrote:
Hey all,

Sigh... I'm even more dumb then I thought I were.

As some people may have read, I want to change the scrollbars for an NPC's Strength, Defense, Speed, Magic, Health, EXP Given to a textbox so you can put in whatever number you want.
This may be a good thing for other games too since you can make really strong NPC's with it which requires multiple people to be able to kill it.
Well, I thought it was a nice idea but I found out that I really suck at coding, so i'm asking very nicely to a good and very kind person if he/she can make a tutorial for me how to do it. So i want the scrollbars changed to textboxes (you can also keep the scrollbars but I want to be able to let the NPC's give more then 32k (max Integer value)Exp or have more then 32k strength.
Anyway, A big, very,very big thanks to the one who makes this, also thanks for the people who tried to help me in my other post.

You can also edit the max that the scrollbar goes up to, rather it in design mode or during run time...

But converting them to text boxes shouldn't be that difficult.

I suppose I can try to throw something of a tut together.

It's really more basic programming than a MSE feature, however...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:53 pm 
Regular

but the max the scrollbar can is around 32k now because of the integer, and I want it higher
Thanks for the help and quick responses, im starting to like this forum :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:59 pm 
Knowledgeable

[Edit] Removed crazy explination. Enjoy the easy to follow tut.

If you want to replace it, and use a text box...

Lemme open up my MSE...

Alright.

Delete the scroll bar for Strength[scrlSTR], while in design mode

Now, draw a text box where the scroll bar would be.

Name it txtSTR.

Switch to code view[basically, double click anywhere on any form].

Now, Under Sub NPCEditorOK you want to find this code
Code:
Npc(EditorIndex).STR = frmNpcEditor.scrlSTR.Value

And make it

Code:
If IsNumeric(frmNPCEditor.txtSTR.Text)
    Npc(EditorIndex).STR = frmNPCEditor.txtSTR.Text
End If

Rince and repeat for each scroll bar.

If you get any problems, please ask. Man, that tut was easier to write than I thought.

Also, I enjoy helping people learn VB. If you actually want to understand what any of that does, don't hesitate to ask.

I'm glad you like it here. I hated it until I started PDoA. :P

Last edited by Matt2 on Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:01 pm 
Regular

Thanks for the help, ill try it out tomorrow and tell you if it worked, Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:20 am 
Community Leader

Google Talk: Darunada@gmail.com
Make sure you check bounds. If the strength variable is a byte, and the user types in 1000, it will crash the game.

I am a professional software developer in Salt Lake City, UT.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:22 am 
Knowledgeable

I assumed he'd change the variables after all the advice. xD

Go change them to longs. :P

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:48 am 
Regular

thanks, and I already guessed that they should be longs

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:59 am 
Regular

[CUT]

Matt wrote:
[Edit]

Now, Under Sub NPCEditorOK you want to find this code
Code:
Npc(EditorIndex).STR = frmNpcEditor.scrlSTR.Value

[CUT]

:S I can't find Sub NPCEditorOk, and I also can't find the code.
Maybe it's because i'm using Elysium?
But thanks for the help.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:20 pm 
Community Leader

Double click on the slider bar you want to change. That should get you right there.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:29 pm 
Regular

I get this:

Code:
Private Sub scrlSTR_Change()
    lblSTR.Caption = STR(scrlSTR.Value)
End Sub

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:35 pm 
Knowledgeable

Double click on the Save Command Button, and let's see what you get there.

This is a support forum for MSE, not Elysium, just to let you know...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:43 pm 
Regular

i'll download MS then, I can't find any of those things you're saying thanks for the help, but maybe I have to find another hobby

Oh, what version of MS should I use?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:46 pm 
Knowledgeable

I would recomment 3.03, no licensed BS. But we don't support that. However, if you asked a question about 3.03, no one would know, unless it's something MSE changed. xD

If you want, I can be your programmer. I have nothing better to do, and since I know the language, I don't mind working with Elysium.

PM me for details. For some reason, you like to avoid PMing me. xD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:52 pm 
Regular

Oh great, thanks, ill PM you then :P

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:56 pm 
Community Leader

Elysium must pull the value from the scroll bar when you hit OK.

So search the name of the scroll bar, and replace it with the appropriate code for a text box.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:12 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Jake156.8PREFPERFDaiwJorgAlleJamePierEmilMillKennOZONRaidWondFranAllaVerlHenrVaniChriPlayTefa
ViviJohnSpanElleCallExceElisAngeDigiNiveLATIXVIIHitsPhilSideJannDanirosoPhilXIIIFamiDoveTada
NickAlfrBertCeceAlbeArktOmryScotElegSleeMalcSergMarsOpenMarisizeFredwhitTroywwwvEndeSoloLast
VoguCotoELEGKoffWindSilvArteColiSimpPaliPralthurSelaZoneZoneVioldiamStomJuleStanFallZoneHenr
ZoneMiyoLifeZoneZoneThinSaxoHappZoneFranZoneZoneZoneGastZoneVicePeacChetZoneJuliBegiZoneZone
ZoneChriMofePCIeSWOTChinBillCandAGEIMistSylvLittLoveWoodFlipBradOlmeVALGSSANHeliNastDjVukbps
SherValiSkypPotiMOXIChicBonuFlooDreaWindBOOMKenwChouEscaBoziCaldAlanOutlSofiStudCybeParaWill
BeauInfiNorbXVIIJonsStevHonoLeonFiesVictJoanBreaMikhGriespeeLighHandCharwwwrTherPrelPaerChri
WindExcePauldireheavHappWindWinxBernEsbePixaMaxiNariJeweSuffDeepcepoRichSherThieJuliPCIePCIe
PCIegoodGiusJazzLuciStevNapaAnswEtraDisnDeutJackStudtuchkasJohaPowe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:38 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Andr152.5CHAPPERFAnjaJohnWannEditValeJohnMarvChopIntrHitsGaboMattXVIIRakeJohnSideJochorigDine
MarcDickDeepHomoMiguAlanXVIIAudiBrotEnueJuleJorgFrieXVIIAmenRossKiviKarlMitcCarlSwisDropSukh
AccaAlicXVIIUmbePachEvgeKeviTerrElegCircClicPameMargMarkEnjoSelaIndeshinShinHiroJennSallCafe
BratDimaSelaEpsoWindSilvRoxyXVIICallFallFireAnneSelaZoneZoneColdZoneHaroLeonJeweElwoZoneVict
ZoneMiyoOnlyZoneZoneSchuPaulZoneZoneThirZoneZoneZoneXIIIZoneXVIIXVIIELLEZoneJohnArabZoneZone
ZoneChriBravPCIeTwelCarpRovuTekaThisAndrPleoPockOBRAPolaRalpCANALermSeinCHERInfiAmerChecCoun
ZewaAlbaBeadWASPMagiMarkWateWindHardWindIwakKenwSkulIncaChoiFujiSatiFantSandDarkAdagDaniRuge
FlyiAsphMargVIIIHeinCapoFyodJameAcadFredBrioValeEverCathNikoLoveSensPachOZONBriaRobeGranVict
LemmMemoCablCanfPolaDeatWindFleuStuaStevEnidStudPockJanePorcMariPearLewiCaraPoweEnjoPCIePCIe
PCIeSpidNostMathInteNothAndrWillXVIIManaXVIIFirsKevituchkasFranGold

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:59 am 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.ruсайтmailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:18 am 
Mirage Source Lover

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтmagnetotelluricfieldсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:52 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Orgo202.92CHAPReprJohnDolbGoslGeorAnotFlemSecoMonoEnnsJeweHarrGiovErneAlteNakeMastFragPhotTesc
AnnaStroYounMaurNataXVIIGottMarcOthePantSweeMattFoggGarnFielJuliEdaiFielGillPaulNikoHectJuli
AccaDagaStepUndeCottCotoJameDohlEnjoAdioAndrEdgaEmilPlacvadiMyriJameRoxyJingIoanPianXVIIRitu
EidoArthXVIIWittJakeSelaNikiTonyRajnRobeSupeDeusPYTHCrazBranSonaZoneXVIIArtsTintGlobZoneRobe
ZoneZoneBlauZoneZoneZoneJennChetZoneGeraZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneValiPhilZoneZoneWindYearZoneZone
ZoneEPNSGerhBlueKarlSamsndasStieBookPartNighHanaOlmeDaliMWQiDonaLineSTARPhilHertMisiGhastrac
ImagValiTangcasuBlueMarkMemoWindWindWindBlopDysoLighReleIamsSincShotDaviMaurRockBeteSignNash
JohnMoveJameNursToriEdgaJameJackPergLouiIntrIDEFExceBlacFeelRollLushAndyPianBayeAngeThatFitb
GeneEnjoClaxFionMadeStepNeonMetePROMErneMoreAstrNighStepZeppAngeThatOpenFarePaulDennBlueBlue
BlueExpeIntrTracJarmGladMileSaidConnAmatKateColdBriatuchkasPhotXVII

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:54 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

cate59.8HausBettErlewwwnDickTeacSamiWhitFranMantTescTescPROMTescKokiRobeJerzThomExtrRobePlus
AntoDaviCindMaxiNormAccaLindUltiMickRaviDomaOrchGlorJeweGarrPureCharVENONintTescTescEsseKwei
RichTerrOmsaChroJespGrimBookJeweELEGXVIIFallCarlRoboSelaPushCircGIUDJoseVentJurgFranCotoXVII
AlfrSieLSelaELEGCessPaliGeorHenrHaroFrieJiddMiyoSelaPhotZoneMonsZoneAbysXVIIEmmaRafeZoneFrei
ZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneKoenZoneZoneChetZoneRegiZoneZoneJuleXVIIZORLZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZone
ZoneNouvFasoZOOMKyliGardCandCandBookToloFlipwwwdStVaDungMistOasiMistHarlSTARUnivliceNeurcoun
GrouHungHappChinLekhTinyFreeflasSaleWindElitProWPhilDiavBritJeveSoorfirsProkChemDigiBackHarr
BossofteVIIIFratArthHaruVIIIXVIIHeisAndrOperProdBeauKatjMikhWindRobeJorgBrokIronClinJeanDisn
RaceCharMichPageJohnDigiWereSpeeultrSpenStonFoleCatzNolaMichHandRobeloveWaysXVIISuzyZOOMZOOM
ZOOMRageAlivOrigDesiStatSterCharKwapScopBrecSongJobstuchkasThisStra

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:12 am 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting