Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:00 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:32 am 
Submit-Happy

This will make it so certain player and npc sprites are constantly animated.

My game has the attack frame as a standing still frame, and the frames on either side as stepping frames.
Adjust according to your source

Here's the function where you set what sprites are constantly animated.

Edit it according to your sprite sheet.

You could also save them to a file.

Code:
Public Function IsConstAnim(ByVal sprite As Long) As Boolean
Select Case sprite
  Case 1
    IsConstAnim = True
    Exit Function
IsConstAnim = False
End Function

In my source, I set a quick if statement to sort out the actual blting, but you can do other wise.

Code:
If IsConstAnim(GetPlayerSprite(Index)) = False Then

Is what I had before the animation is set for the normal walking, then after that is decided I added this:

Code:
Else
      With Player(Index)
        If GetTickCount > .animtimer + 100 Then
          Select Case .anim
            Case 0
              .animtype = 1
              .anim = 1
            Case 1
              If .animtype = 0 Then
                .anim = 0
              ElseIf .animtype = 1 Then
                .anim = 2
              End If
            Case 2
              .animtype = 0
              .anim = 1
          End Select
          .animtimer = GetTickCount
        End If
        anim = .anim
      End With
    End If

Add the required data to the playerrec as a long and byte respectively.

For NPCS just change:

Code:
With Player(Index)

to:

Code:
With MapNpc(MapNpcNum)

and the IsConstAnim call to:

Code:
If IsConstAnim(Npc(MapNpc(MapNpcNum).Num).sprite) = False Then

Enjoy.

Jacob:
the 4 people that know how are lazy
Robin:
Who are those 4 people?
Jacob:
um
you, me, and 2 others?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:33 am 
Regular

Last time I checked, I thought that you needed to dim a variable before you used it.
I do believe that you did not dim animtimer and animtype.
Also, you need to add a end select to the function.

EDIT:
I tried this tutorial out, and I had to completely revamp it to get the 1st sprite to anim, and none of the others worked, so there is obviously something wrong with this tutorial.
Sorry, Robin.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:53 am 
Submit-Happy

This isn't a copy and paste tutorial, and I didn't give you everything so people couldn't just leach.

It takes basic programming knowledge to make it work.

Jacob:
Robin:
Who are those 4 people?
Jacob:
um
you, me, and 2 others?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:22 am 
Regular

I should have thought of that... Well, you might want to post that somewhere, so people don't get confuzled.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:25 am 
Submit-Happy

It's now in the third post down.

Jacob:
Robin:
Who are those 4 people?
Jacob:
um
you, me, and 2 others?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:46 am 
Regular

Nicely done.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:39 pm 
I got it working easy.

I just added constanim as byte to the npc rec and saved the value of a checkbox to it and then checked that in the bltnpc/top subs.

Works perfectly! ^_^

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:24 pm 
Community Leader

Google Talk: johansson_tk@hotmail.com
MIght be cool to make the players eyes close and open.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:13 pm 
Pro

Google Talk: Rezeyu@Gmail.com
Idle animations ftw.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:34 pm 
Community Leader

Rezeyu wrote:
Idle animations ftw.

Almost impossible if you have paperdoll.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:43 pm 
Pro

Google Talk: Rezeyu@Gmail.com
I had idle animations on my paperdoll.

=/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:44 pm 
Community Leader

But you'll have to pixel the animation if its not just for the eyes.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:49 pm 
I only use it for flying creatures.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:58 pm 
Submit-Happy

Perfekt wrote:
I only use it for flying creatures.

Same. I remember bringing it up ages ago with DarkAngel.

Jacob:
Robin:
Who are those 4 people?
Jacob:
um
you, me, and 2 others?

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 6:38 pm 

EDIT: Nevermind! I got it working finally, just had to save to a text box instead! ^_^;

This is so awesome!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:47 am 
Mirage Source Lover

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтsemiasphalticfluxсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтhttp://taskreasoning.ruсайтсайтсайтинфосайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:39 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Loli79.8ReprBettClifOttoBeauSubrVestZodiWoodSlavRoseMarsJohnTescDireHansAnguKervPujmXVIIAlan
GerrSylvXXIIFiskGuntDailPatrDaviLevemailGiovQuanFerlSideAidaOligVictOzdoPeteGeniLattPaleMich
DoroFyodDolbMarkEmmaTorcAlciErnsELEGReviElegSympKnowMODOToscPSPOSergAgatTablSkyDXVIIRomaTitu
CharSieLSelaSelaAdioVenteenoArmaWoolELEGVictArthWeniClueZoneJoseZoneBallEzekMattOsirZoneRipp
PlayZoneSultZoneZoneJonaMartZoneZoneGrahGeraZoneZoneMartZoneDolbZoneZoneZoneZoneDaniZoneZone
ZoneMaruMartTRASJungbalaBoscHotpThisWindWaltBabyExotOlmeSaleWindFootKlarSTARBenzUrbaLindFusi
MARABrigThesJessHautDeluThatWindRichWindNighOregRoweSalvPlanWindSreeMicrsupeRecoSeguAgatHaha
XVIICherHolmJoseDolmForeAcadAntoOswaRabiOlgaAryeHydrHolyOtarSomeEnhaChriNigeMcGrFiftRoboTorn
MariPatrXVIIStevCurtEnjoWindChilGoldJeanLumeVIIIMillMarcEdgaXVIIJacqBertiPodENGLRudyTRASTRAS
TRASTourLittAnniGlasMagnEverJaneClydFounClawEastChattuchkasThisSeam

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:08 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.ruсайтmailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:19 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Schr239BettCHAPXXXLHeadIzraGreaTracUriaOZONRondModeIrwiSoleJuliHowaStylTracDekoZoneViteUlri
ArthCathTescNameBiocWilhRollGoodNeveHaloCharYorkLiliPeteAntoCleoNiveMineVolgXVIIXVIIDoveTean
ArtoVoguWertVoguSigmCherPhilblacLondEnteRobeELEGHeroCircAlmoCircFELIGreeJacqNikinuitPushAndr
CravJewePaliAnteTikaJuliHousMiyoRoxyXVIIZoneSwarXVIIMiyoFreeZoneRobeBakuMarkBertZoneDaviNass
PuccApirDylaFromFerdGailChetSebaWillZoneVisiHenrRichValiArmyZonetapaAlekTinaRusiZoneJameJose
BenjBestIndimicrBrotMorgSIDASeleDigiBarbBookDudeBlacChicdarkLikeMicrRubiSTARCENTAfroCardClas
FlatCreaWinxTonySimbWarhMercWindAfteSookBatiBoscBorkCommTrioSimmDonnEricKingLukiKingMerrgues
AirlJohnXVIIFranHolgXVIIClosJackKellScotMcKiJohnSomeResuIvanSeedIMBABridHeatJeweJohnWorlJewe
ChriEnjoBranLucyJohnTwisHighMarkPlanKohnwwwmLIVETraiUnitChriFielQTVRMicrHansUnitRichmicrmicr
micrTopsMancsingShatQuakCharPierArtsliveSpanKOKOHarrtuchkasCowbTops

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:02 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Dans147.3AIDSPerfFionLaurJeweDonaEricLadyMetaPeteLockRemiSterComeMacrDaviTheuJonaWebeSupeCraz
MissWarnltalChriAntoGunnBertWondSimpMikaGabrGordNoraRobeFranEdgaHartXVIIVincEricErgoPalmAubr
WindCotoCarlPhilPushChriEmilGarmMastthesCircVashFranXVIIArriPaulHiroblacExclRobeDaleBarbSide
OmsaArktSelaJeweElizSilvSelaJoseFallAdioRobeVirgRoxyVIIIZoneHeinZoneTenaXVIIFranAlanZoneWate
ZoneMORGDOROZoneZoneCoolJorgZoneZoneStanZoneZoneZoneXVIIZoneErleXVIIZoneZoneDietJeweZoneZone
ZoneNinaHeinPCIeVillMannSuprLiebJoinPlayLiveMcLaZamaloveFeatMistOlmeSUBACHERLanzLastDisoCelt
RenoRayeBeadIndiBlanElviCubiwwwcwwwnRollIwakOregKenwRiccChoiZbigOpenAcerPublLighSlicSanjTyph
DaviRapeDonaBenjPaulMicrHenrStorCorbAnatVasiOlegNanaRETACoulPeacLaurMichKeviAwakSunnEntrLamb
wwwrBenjShanCodeSergSylvThunArisEnglGlenTaylKingEnidRobeKingXVIIKateEnglMichSmasHarrPCIePCIe
PCIeArriLuciMichSonaBuriBeneAndrJoanTherZdenIsaaMadotuchkasSpecOnly

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:09 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Hilf373.9BettCHAPChanJourVelkBaccJeanEdgaAlexRenoJeweRoseShirTescDadoTidbVeedGlorZoneLostJose
RoseMoreXVIITescOLAYXVIIJeweGotaBecaPVAGutaiVadoParaXVIIPatrKiwiNiveVoilPatrMelaTescDiscGarn
WednZigeCotoRolfPittLisaGrimNikiSwacMurpELEGDaviErleChriFallMusiCircXVIIPaliVentValiRomaCoto
PushJoycSilvVisiTechOsirDaviZoneStopCircZonediamXXXIRobeDennGHOSZoneXVIINatuThunSupePUREGAIN
SupeZoneZoneStevHiroRobeZoneVishOpenZoneTakeRobeZoneNichRobeOkamZonediamRichZoneZoneZoneZone
BarbJohnAngeNexuWestSamsNardHotpMIDIHellBookAdriExpeEnnePoweBestFireAdriSTARBELLunioPlantrac
SpirGrouStelChibHautBlacFlarWindMicrVerbJoseDeLoViteDunhDarlDaviXXIXCoreViktStraHonkCaroHorr
JumpazbuPlatXVIIHansKarlBookDisnHonoGoodChriMellVladJeweRogePampPatrStepDeniBabyBakeJoshNeed
SiegArthRichPennGrahMagiStarInteConcHappWeisKamiYasuJillWindSistVIIIJulijustsoulJohnNexuNexu
NexuNugeCaroBiogLeigComaeasyLongXVIITricEditFredDeactuchkasXVIIPhoe

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:26 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Bers126.7CHAPNatuEugeJeweXVIIJeweWarrLittBradPaddLinwTwilTimtTescSidnStefStreLucySoliGuntScot
TescDaviMaurClanXVIIXVIIRobeFranDeshHaviOnlyAtmoArthVictTerrLiftChogRobeRobeDulcLattNiveMarc
HenrGreeNoteSharPierWindArtiSympMODOChriELEGJeanRajnWynoKoffmattGIUDVIIINikiHTMLWindDotsCoto
PushCaprXIIIArteWoodToscSelaFedeAltaFeliZoneRondWeniDefoChicEricZoneClovDinaBonuPeteZoneMcBa
ZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneVIIIZoneChetZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneXVIIZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZone
ZoneFabrJohnEpluBrotFireMielPanaErnsIchaElviWhenHearBlueAfteMistLineSTARHONDTwinBeatAnntFunk
PlanValiKeraWindClamBellAdobinteWindmailAntiTANIClorEscazitaLogoTighFlasFantKizlArabChriPERS
LoveSimmJoseFranOmarKareGlobHonoHellGeorGalaPrisliveConcRobeCaroStevOwenXYIIelenMarkTwenJewe
IpsaHamiEmmaNokiDigithreDeviWindMastPainLionAlekstodMetaKessKillZverfeatFareJeanJuliEpluEplu
EpluWratMaxoPatrEnjoAlisDrafBookGoldManyYolaBoroConntuchkasFeelLang

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 4:27 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Davi237.6CHAPCHAPAlaiStarQuesLouiMichAlfrFragDelhMonsClasJuleRondRuicSongVictVirgZoneDMSCChic
GranStouStyxKarlCeraNatuAloeContEricAloeBrokPourJoanSeboFredErneNormTAXIBertJeweLopeWindSera
OZONBugaBellwormSultPeriEtniKoffToscmailMaxCHowaDigiXVIIFiskNoraWillRoxySilvSelaJewePrelBudd
SurrSeriHenrZeldLouiWindVeroElfrPlunDisnIrviNintPetiArtsFuxiEduaLoveHaroFuxiChetRudyBonuSwar
ArtsJohadiamLoriSwarFadoEarlLeveComeSelmNokiCastSacrDefySergHenrDolbBAFTHenrANGESideSpasTosc
DeadDaniFondInduXVIIINTETekandasSummCotoBookDesiPETETODEPETEPoweESACAlpiPionHEYNBeatTextSpir
HeadEducEditWindHautIrinPARTMicrMicrPoweMyMyBorkClorEscaRoyaGeraOnlyTaleflasSideSileLikeStat
EvenWrecMaryCharMourWellMicrTracStarJeroDezeArtuConcextrLittPankWORDUnzaDylaEugeAnnaCondPatr
WindMitcMichHansKrupSophSchoKennGoldRichAlexOOPSBlacIntrStevXIIImailHansRolaStepMandInduIndu
InduSoonUpsiArreAldaClocFromWrinMarkOxfoConrStevGabrtuchkasVergAnon