Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 8:18 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:57 pm 
Community Leader

Google Talk: johansson_tk@hotmail.com
Introduction
This is very basic, what it will do is upon login. It will send a code with that packet checking if that code is the same on the client as on the server. The code can be as long as you wish it to be.

Do not use the same security code as on this example.

Client Side
Find:
Code:
Sub SendLogin(ByVal Name As String, ByVal Password As String)
Dim Packet As String

Packet = "login" & SEP_CHAR & Trim(Name) & SEP_CHAR & Trim(Password) & SEP_CHAR & App.Major & SEP_CHAR & App.Minor & SEP_CHAR & App.Revision & SEP_CHAR & END_CHAR
    Call SendData(Packet)
End Sub

Then add this part to it:
Code:
& SEP_CHAR & "code35FO36F"

So it eventually look like this:
Code:
Sub SendLogin(ByVal Name As String, ByVal Password As String)
Dim Packet As String

Packet = "login" & SEP_CHAR & Trim(Name) & SEP_CHAR & Trim(Password) & SEP_CHAR & App.Major & SEP_CHAR & App.Minor & SEP_CHAR & App.Revision & SEP_CHAR & "code35FO36F" & SEP_CHAR & END_CHAR
    Call SendData(Packet)
End Sub

Server Side
Inside:
Code:
    ' ::::::::::::::::::
    ' :: Login packet ::
    ' ::::::::::::::::::
    If LCase(Parse(0)) = "login" Then

Just below:
Code:
If IsMultiAccounts(Name) Then
   Call AlertMsg(Index, "Multiple account logins is not authorized.")
   Exit Sub
End If

Add:
Code:
If Trim$(Parse$(6)) <> "code35FO36F" Then
  Call AlertMsg(Index, "Your client do not match the servers security code.")
  Exit Sub
End If

Yes I know it's very basic. But it's always something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:27 pm 
Submit-Happy

Still, people can just sniff it in plain text and see that a little bit has been added at the end and then add it to a blank ms.

Jacob:
the 4 people that know how are lazy
Robin:
Who are those 4 people?
Jacob:
um
you, me, and 2 others?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:38 pm 
Community Leader

As I said, it will give a little bit security :P And by adding the XOR Encryption a little bit more security is added on top of that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:47 pm 
Knowledgeable

I'd let the server send a string to client, instead of the other way around. It's harder to edit incoming than outcoming packets, I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:51 pm 
Community Leader

Joost wrote:
I'd let the server send a string to client, instead of the other way around. It's harder to edit incoming than outcoming packets, I think.

Might be, I dont have any knowledge when it comes to snipping up packets. Why not have it both ways then. With different codes. So if the client code is correct, like this example. It send one back again :P Kinda useless actually since if the first check is correct, the client is correct.. but still.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:19 pm 
Submit-Happy

William wrote:
Kinda useless actually since if the first check is correct, the client is correct.. but still.

Erm, no it's not :D

Jacob:
Robin:
Who are those 4 people?
Jacob:
um
you, me, and 2 others?

Last edited by Robin on Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:17 pm 
Community Leader

Joost, didnt write that.. I did, and whats the meaning on making it check first if the client is correct for the server. And after that check if the server is correct for the client =/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:52 pm 
Submit-Happy

No, we check if the client is right for the server, then check if the client is right for the server, but using a server packet instead :D

Also, that quote messed up and I don't know why o.o

Jacob:
Robin:
Who are those 4 people?
Jacob:
um
you, me, and 2 others?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:48 pm 
Regular

Thanks you, it's work perfectly :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:06 pm 
Community Leader

Of course it works :P

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:57 am 
Knowledgeable

sorry for the 6-month bump, but I have some pretty good ideas for improvement:

if you used a code generator such as:
((version * subversion / revision) * day * week / month) / variable
(random * / + etc)
variable is sent by the server on attempt at login, the server stores the outcome it should receive back, and if the number from the client is different then it kicks them

obviously use a different combination for each version and revision of your game so the script kiddies really have to work to get their number, and since the variable is random from the server it just gives them more problems... if you make it take more than 1 minute's work then they'll get bored and move on normally ;)

what you think? obviously I haven't put the code in here 'cos it's only a theory I have at the moment

of course there's a slight flaw, with the date possibly being different in different places, but you can see where i'm coming from, maybe just the full version number should be used?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:56 pm 
Community Leader

Or you could just add XOR Encryption or another simple encryption to the actual key.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:47 am 
Mirage Source Lover

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтsemiasphalticfluxсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтhttp://taskreasoning.ruсайтсайтсайтинфосайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:56 am 
Mirage Source Lover

poss207.7PERFBettClifScotGhetAzzuWarnHughNataGabrXVIIWillIntrTempBritKeviThunXVIITrutLaneGeor
DekoMaxwColeTescMichStanXIIIMARVhaveThomJasmNataMichOpenNatuGarnDoveArthAlwaMetaLipsNiveClea
KoicOlivTrasJuliClaiGabrJohnNikiKoffHansModoElegAnneGallKoffBergJameAgadSelaJeffOmsaCotoAndr
MariPushSelaELEGElegElegMurdJohnAdioFeliZoneMiyoPaliJackLimbSwarZoneAdamXVIISuitModoSwarXVII
ZoneZoneZoneGlenMcAnDeniZoneStatRussZoneCharGeraZoneChicHotcJackZoneZoneBessZoneManyZoneZone
DaphXVIIPaulInduMadeINTETekaMielFritMagiBookLoopEscaMariBreaCaseOlmeMetaSTARSaluBettUNFPCoun
ValiTAPAAeroLeboTeddSylvDownTimeWindwwwnWoodBorkValeTrusAdvaRobeDELUBreaFranSideTrauTimeSusp
CharminiFranKaziXVIIClaumetaChasGeraBertXVIIJagdLighGoldMaryJeweBeatGMATPozoTracuniqVangResi
BriaNelePanaProjMacrPhoeHarmExtaARISDiliFilmMaryKounOZONPhilJewePollNeilAutoFaroSoliInduIndu
InduSteiHeadDizzDonnTowaSiegDirkRobeXVIIStaySkinDigituchkasPresKame

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:16 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтmagnetotelluricfieldсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:32 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Amaz203.98BettaddiBierMihoWeisTeamYvesIndiJuanCONSAcroArniCuisHansMichLariCzesImpeBretXVIIPens
DeluCurvApplWillAquoExenGlosBestPrayMexxPrinTakeFallAquoStarAlwaKissTimoPureDougMasaSpicMayb
progBleeJeweCocaMixeStevBrotZiehDizzSideClauMODOSnowPALIELEGXVIIshinVIIIJackVashXXIIArtuPush
SonyCharStevCharReleAllaIgnaMiyoPorcJeweASASdiamJillbombJuliZoneStouAleqZoneZoneLuizwwwgNapo
HenrJuliHolySwarBarbJohaZoneRudoCollZoneusepGipsRicoNokiLoveZoneZoneParaNokiZonePaolJeanMart
GracNinaXVIIKOSSNardRozaAuroMielFilmMajoalwaJardRuyaDistFootBestMistLanzBELLVALGLatvLimbClas
GobiWinxCreaJustLiPoWarhLiveLearWindSTARLEGOZelmBrauSubtPuriMarkTemuGuilHideNeedKarlRalpManu
MeloLaurcompAlfrNapoAcadXVIIAlexAcadMADENicoPropXVIIDigidownMitsClarRogeJohnOnlyLiliPaloAnna
LyndEnglKennWindPoemEdouDeepVIIISusaWebsWindMaheEleaBeckRainCastThisJameDelpSeveOverKOSSKOSS
KOSSArisSpecArleDoucIndiWaltFridpanoFiatPretHodgScottuchkasXVIICher

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:17 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Cuan87.1ReprBettmusiErleWasnFortMantKremCarlConcIrenJohnRichDineImprHowaJasoGeorRichXVIISelz
GazeHugoHowaTescGeorCredThirGeorJackStanJeanHenrEdgaWhenXVIIPayoHermLuciEricTrirTescMythTint
LineAlexTumbXVIIJuleBundRonduberELEGWorlElegChesOuvethesNewstortVentAnneGonzPrepHakaPhilPele
MRPHSweeSelaSelaCircPaliElisAurosituFeliGeorArthSelaHowaZoneJoseZoneMangSeymGreeReviZoneClos
ZoneZoneJeweZoneZoneStevMadeZoneZoneXVIIXVIIZoneZoneEmirZoneTetsZoneZoneZoneZoneTourZoneZone
ZoneMillRandTRASSchmopenBoscIndeNustMikaAlicSwarFierAlicRenzWindOlmeEggeSTARFraiXXIIWillCoun
PELOToweEducKarlHautBikiRehmwwwnwwwnSoakElegAmerRowePurpChowSTORRoseSidnXVIIDeadSeekAgatWalk
SimoImagErneCharArchEditNaszEdwaTotaBeraYevgGaliTerrMuchCeteSurfVidaBigaKathBustJohnYevgBaby
OxfoMicrLyseHaraAdriTrinWindDaviPresDomiTomaBRATTempGonnMacMXVIIAngeJameSidePaulRudyTRASTRAS
TRASDarkMustWareRoofLighHardMaslRichSimoSallDolpVangtuchkasStanNovo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:25 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Drei254.9BettCHAPMcBaRomaIncrEnchGodeUSSRRallFionCharXVIIRudoAnniFreePremWindMoreZoneOlliStan
ChriRafaTescFirsSecrJohnShioSuffStriabinKarlHoudSinfXVIIBurtRexoSunsContPublWilhAllaGarnAust
UmaTPushLycrCotoDougPrayJohnLadyAndrPetrAlexSelaWalkCircAltaQuikElsyAdamviscAdioVictPushCami
ChanPoulPALIYannMatiNicoCineZoneAltaPoulZoneZoneVictactiCleaMORGZoneNERVXVIIMichdiamSchaPete
DeanphazSeymCharYoshCarlChetXIIIKeviZoneRiccJameXVIIROSEFrisZoneZoneXVIIHenrASASZoneMinoAlek
DonaWFPMRoseFLACHDMICircMielMabeMMORSonyBookRenzWhatChicPoweplacWoodSQuiPERSNISSWorlNYASCelt
LumiConiDecoWillToyoSporLegoWindPublAudiManaBoscPhilHallIamsWindRoryToshFantWindSinsRobeTele
StanXVIIBudoXVIIRangFranJeanCharWisiGustLiyaHyunPictBarbInteYevgXIIIMichRemiMartChriRogeWind
OtfrFearRobeInteHappSideOLEDSociEnhaFounPoweOystDigiEleaWindJereGarrMicrJokeSheiJonaFLACFLAC
FLACChriHerbCharWallLuciNagiMaryRobeMaplUnitMichRobetuchkasJillAndr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:52 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:20 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Stor228.3INTRReprVinoDameremiStanBobbRondXVIISkypJumpTescTescChicFromChefHeavGuilLinhKathOnce
techTescFideDekoOpenRogeBecoLoveRKelonliRobeFuniNoraAlexNatuMineTimoLittMennShamTescEsseFore
VoguGeorGrimOmsaIchiAutoFrisNikiKarlJudyModoModoRolaPaliArisNikiKiefJohnSelaSelaCharFunkHapp
FranCollSilvELEGElegPaliFranZoneMariGiorZoneMorgSelaMXATGarlFuxiZoneMutoMargBegiHervZoneJust
ZoneZoneZoneZoneGeorCocaZoneZoneZoneMiyoGeraZoneZoneSwamZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneASASZoneZoneZone
ZoneWedgMadeAlarStieElecLiebFoshMikaSimsJohnSuzuHangEscaRenzMistPrioSUBAARAGAlpimeloDjvuBlue
ValiGOBIWinxEnglEvilWindRoadJewewwwmSaleRembBorkDOOMNinaChowDeniLaylThisStrisingJeweAgatCool
AlleRoguMargKeviDiabAcadXVIIEmilAlexUndeWhenSergHarvAlanLynnKnowHowaLaurBornInteAmerGingDian
MikeNeleErneNumbABBYKathDeepEnidWindRafaSuffDaDaWindMethSonyHyunDaviChriIguaManfSusaAlarAlar
AlarJeanJuanBillTakaTiinMarkXVIIMastJeanFionMoneDavituchkasBonnPhoe