Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: BLTing?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:50 am 
Knowledgeable

Could someone explain BLTing to me? I'm trying to get it to BLT the players Guild Acronym like this:

Playername-ACR

I don't really understand the Direct Draw part of MS yet.

Post subject: Re: BLTing?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:04 pm 
Um. That's like the easiest part of blting.

I'll give you an example of how I do names for players that have admin status.. "ADM Perfekt" <-- Example.

Now, the drawtext line:

Code:
Call DrawText(TexthDC, TextX, TextY, "ADM " & GetPlayerName(Index), Color)

So, the psuedo code would be:

Code:
Call DrawText(TexthDC, TextX, TextY, GetPlayerGuildAcro(Index) & " " & GetPlayerName(Index), Color)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:18 pm 
Knowledgeable

OK, so would I put that into a Sub? Or where it does the "'BLT Player name" stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:20 pm 
Well, I would have the source get it inside the drawplayername sub and add it there. If you want the guild name above the player's name, you could still do it there, but it'd be better to do a seperate sub.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:25 pm 
Knowledgeable

OK, thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:42 pm 
Persistant Poster

Dug up an ancient tutorial.

Quote:
Well, its only recently i have learnt how to do it and i am not going to pretend to be a master by any means; but it seems that blt'ing things onto the picscreen itself is a no go for many unexperienced users, and for that reason i stayed as far away as possible from anything that actually required me to blt anything onto the picscreen. Infact, i am not too sure what 'blt' means, or even how to pronounce it - but i do know the 'basics' as such and this tutorial should allow everyone out there to blt things happily till the cows come home, without having to constantly refere to this tutorial and cut and paste. Right, on we press!

Now what is the main reason people usually want to blt onto the picscreen? Well, in my experience at the beginning its wanting to put some nice icons at the top to represent their health, mana, etc. We are going to blt a nice little heart in the top left corner for the purpose of sitting next to the hp bar - why not blt the hp bar? Well, because i am unsure how to do it, and you can infact just drag the hp bar picbox onto the picscreen and it gives just the same effect; so thats how i have done it :wink:. Right, onto the tutorial itself :-).

For this tutorial we will be blt'ing a heart onto the picscreen, but not just any heart; an uber 1337 original creation from fox industries :lol:

Save this image into your client folder (the same directory as your client.exe), you can change the directory later if you want but for now i am not complicating things :-).

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:::ALL CLIENT SIDE:::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

First, we need to create the surface to blt our beautifull picture onto; we do this in moddirectX - and its suprisingly easy to do. Search for:

Public DDSD_BackBuffer As DDSURFACEDESC2

Underneath put this:

'onscreen heart
Public DD_HEARTSurf As DirectDrawSurface7

Public DDSD_HEART As DDSURFACEDESC2

Now, what we want to do next is move to the 'initsurfaces' sub of that module, and below:

' Initialize back buffer
DDSD_BackBuffer.lFlags = DDSD_CAPS Or DDSD_HEIGHT Or DDSD_WIDTH
DDSD_BackBuffer.ddsCaps.lCaps = DDSCAPS_OFFSCREENPLAIN Or DDSCAPS_SYSTEMMEMORY
DDSD_BackBuffer.lWidth = (MAX_MAPX + 1) * PIC_X
DDSD_BackBuffer.lHeight = (MAX_MAPY + 1) * PIC_Y
Set DD_BackBuffer = DD.CreateSurface(DDSD_BackBuffer)

We want to put:

' Init HEART ddsd type and load the bitmap
DDSD_HEART.lFlags = DDSD_CAPS
DDSD_HEART.ddsCaps.lCaps = DDSCAPS_OFFSCREENPLAIN Or DDSCAPS_SYSTEMMEMORY
Set DD_HEARTSurf = DD.CreateSurfaceFromFile(App.Path & "/HEART.bmp", DDSD_HEART)
DD_HEARTSurf.SetColorKey DDCKEY_SRCBLT, key

Now what this does (i think) is tells the client to create the 'surface' (think of it as a piece of paper) from "heart.bmp" and load it into your system memory. It also is telling it to use whatever your transparent color is set as on that image (again, so i think).

Now, we dont want that image being left in the system memory once we close the client down, so we need to tell it to unload it and wipe the surface (i think - notice alot of 'i thinks' as i am not 100% sure on anything, but i am pretty sure i am right.. if not close ^^), this is very easy. In that same module find:

Sub DestroyDirectX()
Set DX = Nothing
Set DD = Nothing
Set DD_PrimarySurf = Nothing
Set DD_SpriteSurf = Nothing
Set DD_TileSurf = Nothing
Set DD_ItemSurf = Nothing
End Sub

and underneath

Set DD_ItemSurf = Nothing

add

Set DD_HEARTSurf = Nothing

See? Perfectly logical, and not very hard to understand. So far we have told the game to create the surface, load the bmp into the system memory and then wipe the surface clean once the client is shutdown. How does the client know to look at subdestroydirectx when it closes down? Well, if you look in frm mirage and variouse other places around the source code when it is closed down its told to call 'gamedestroy'. Whats in there?

Sub GameDestroy()
Call DestroyDirectX
End
End Sub

Therefore excecuting sub destroydirectX and wiping our surfaces for us :-). Now, in order to make the client actually realise we want something to be happening constantly while we are running it, we look at the gameloop. This is really exactly what it says; whatever we put in there gets constantly excecuted, it goes through the sub doing everything we tell it then loops back to the beginning, performing this an infanite (spelt wrong?) number of times as long as the game is running. So, what are we trying to do here? We are going to be blt'ing an image onto the screen. We have prepaired the surfaces, we have loaded the image into the system memory; and now we are going to tell the game to coninuously put it there. Find:

' Blit out tile layer fringe
For y = 0 To MAX_MAPY
For x = 0 To MAX_MAPX
Call BltFringeTile(x, y)
Next x
Next y

Now look at the top right of your code window. Where are we? the marvelouse game loop! Underneath the code we just found, add:

'blt the HP/MP plx
Call BltHEART

[edit]Now i am adding this part to the tutorial as i was reading through it and noticed this may not be apparent to some readers. Why are we putting this code in this particular spot? Basically, the way this part works is it reads through what to blt and puts it all on top of each other, so we have the ground at the top of the code, then mask etc.. - now we dont want our amazing uber 1337 heart to be underneath the fringe, we want it to be above everything so we can always see it; so we tell it to blt the heart last. This is an important part of how mirage works, and i cant believe i missed it out first time round! Well, now you know! Sorry about that everyone :wink:[/edit]

Now what does this do? Remember earlier we saw that the game calls on a sub when it closes and it does whatever is in that sub? This is going to call our "sub bltheart" constantly and do whatever is in it - in this case we are going to tell it to take our image we have loaded into the memory and slap it onto our screen. How do we do that? Well, the first thing you should know is modgamelogic is where everything happens; if you add pretty much anything visual you are going to want to put it in here, it doesent matter where as our 'call bltheart' in the game loop isnt picky about finding things. I suggest we scroll right to the bottom of the sub, once there, add this:

Sub BltHEART()
rec.top = 0
rec.Bottom = 32
rec.Left = 0
rec.Right = 32

Call DD_BackBuffer.BltFast(10, 10, DD_HEARTSurf, rec, DDBLTFAST_WAIT Or DDBLTFAST_SRCCOLORKEY)
End Sub

Now here this looks complicated, and quite scary - but seriously; there isnt much to take in. The 'rec.top' etc is basically the size of your image, in general leave the left and top at 0. Depending on the size of your image change the "red.bottom =" to the height, and the "rec.right =" to the width. For this demonstration i have done this for you and its alwready set to the height and width of our heart.bmp :-).

Now the evil horrible looking bit, the call DD_Backbuffer~~, basically what i do here is ignore everything apart from

10, 10, DD_HEARTSurf

Now, see our word there? Heart? i have used heart throughout; if you are blt'ing say 'mana' all the instances where i have put 'heart' in this tutorial change it to mana, including this bit. This is telling the client to look at the heart surface we made in the directx bit earlier on, not hard to understand at all. The next bit we see is the two 10's. This is our .bmp's position on the picscreen (the picscreen is the game screen). The first digit is how far accross from the top left we want it to be, and the second is how far down from the top left we want it to be, both are in pixels. I chose 10 and 10 for this tutorial as it is a nice position to put the heart for use as an onscreen hp indicator GUI thingemagig.

Guess what? Your done! Boot up your game and log in, see the heart in the corner? Your geniouse! Now a whole world of oppertunities has opened up for you and your project, all you have to do now is make sure your hp bar is a picbox, then bring it to 'the front' in frmmirage by right clicking it and selecting 'bring to front', then dragging it over the picscreen. It can be very fiddly getting it to line up with your heart or whatever you are using, but trial and error eventually works!

You can see how i have used this same method in Konfuze in this screenshot, Notice i have mana there aswell? Follow the same method, but make it place the mana image further down by altering our "10,10" co-ordinates to get the same effect. Well, the world is your oister - i hope you can now confidently blt images onto the picscreen and position them; I am not the greatest tutorial writer as i am still learning alot myself, but i hope this has helped at least someone out there!

Thanks;
Fox

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:45 pm 
Knowledgeable

Thanks, that helped. It's easier to understand now.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:33 am 
Mirage Source Lover

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоsemiasphalticflux.ruинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфосайтинфоинфоинфоtemperateclimateинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:20 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Deli138.15PERFBettHearXVIIDougRadiLakePatrMillWeddJameMaryTescLewiSkarCaffTescMoonPetePublTesc
EdmuExceTescTescExceNariDoveBarbSoulPacoIntrIntrWestLSETRobeLaboPaleDoveBrilInduMircGarnGlis
FabrTrevFiorCotoJeweCotoJohnsilvShafYojiTheothesJeweElegElwoSpliGUESAlanNikiNikiJohnBradPhil
ToshFreeELEGXIIILoydFlorCaleRondElegDougSwarZoneStefWindAlexRusiZoneLewiHappRusiMaurPURELawr
GustStolKnowBrucDaviJameZoneMcMaWolfZoneWritJohnGeorSailJeanZoneZoneManlIronHappLinuZonePURE
HansEnglbertBioVPECADormStiePrzyBookElizLiveLeifJustChicSQuiQuesPunkMystAlpiMystPlayRemiBlue
flowEducWindDiscLegeMcLaMarsWindWindWindCariOregClorDiavDarlliveHenrfantJeweLukiMystLinaAlfr
ColdXVIIpasaElliKurtCharThisVIIIAcadAcadAstlPeteFionMourMoodCinnSonyRajnLordCarrPaulbeauDial
ProfBeerClaxPlenKansNemeMarcBasePaulWindCharSundHarrperpsuccGALLChriDaniWhybLookHateBioVBioV
BioVRosiAndrWelcValeTimewwwnAlicXVIILiveDisnHansOxfotuchkasAdobRepo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:58 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтmagnetotelluricfieldсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:10 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Prin305BettCHAPBendAlibFranHobsMichXVIIEditStevMGPPAtlaBillSoehMariWondNakeMultZoneIntrLoui
MoreAikoHiteElseCredAquoOralMorcJuliMipaRichMagiAtomAloeBrauLadyPlanGreeSpicAloeMariMeinTime
TeanBoulDaviCharLineDeepWindSidePateblacWindStefHarrRussSharHermKellSelaSelaNikiAdioRomaToda
GratBenzScotEdgaArchAmazEdwaReumTerrStewBrucJohnSimsPoweZoneAnneStouShotZoneZoneChriBlacZone
SwarEdgaZonediamPhilGeorSvenJameStanTaylFuckRadaOfebMichLamaJannJamePatrFritDeluXVIIDougSupe
HymnvinonejrISDNKatawwwgWhirErinBookAssaLongAlcoOlmeEricSoloBestFlipDiscARAGFantXVIIHeadBlue
FlatEditEducBlanHautDigiWindPoweEntsWindWinxBoscChouIntiChoiRowaShenRabbXIIIJozeGeneBlueSkin
HistPagaVIIIXVIIFyodJohnHonoBakeThisXVIIAlanXXXVGravNealWindVisuRichGregJohnAlleCharHansCome
WindLyndXVIIMicrXVIIGleneditMirrStonBriaBarrSterCondRobeGeorFronIndesigmBillTwilMistISDNISDN
ISDNSusaLenafolkGezaCamiBackMaryRobeAnttMusiFredVIIItuchkasBasiSony

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:47 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Mark196.9CHAPPERFElleVidhGeorFragEdwaJeweSideReitBrunFamiPolyTesclassAtlaImmoRondXVIIJohnSper
ApriTescXVIIAtlaViceDaviTwisMicrTescXVIIXVIISensPlatLobsJohaTricTimeBritOralRabbLagoMythDura
FilmPushOmsaDAIWLeslNeilWindSelaEricTracstudModoAcceOsirQuikHundAdioXVIIElegVentVictPushRoma
MichVIIIVoluNikiToscMarcBabbZoneFallOsirZoneZonePaliIrisKeviNasoZoneFAREDianMartELEGZoneShar
JimiZoneGeorVIIIDaviMikaASASZoneZoneZoneMickZoneZoneSidnHenrZoneZoneZoneXVIIChetZoneZoneZone
ZoneXVIIFondSiemMABEElecVestAgneBookNaruIronAskeExpeDriiisteDolbJardCoolJoseJeweHabiSIRDJazz
SnowGrouWindWindOverWarhDarkWindNichJeweWinxKenwChouBlueBritUltrLafaJonsJackHansRepaPrevSofi
JeweOlymForeXVIIOZONWashVictRandVictSomeCeteEmplKennAlliLiveSaidTotaClubTobiXVIIKareTimbAlfr
LyndKennFranInteSonyPictNickJanePROMOrigTechBratJeweTroyRobeDigiCarlSpacSpocArmaStonSiemSiem
SiemMagiAlexStelJewewwwrLoveLongsomeSherDaviProlKirktuchkasWindElis

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:41 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Anth64.4BettBettTygeStevThisDantBonuAsvaJohnRondTescLianPyreAgatCideIndiTescInviGallJoseDeko
JohnGrinBistSmokOlivLipoReneerhaACCEEsseKeviPierRemiNordEMERDailKeraNiveSHARMAGIMargYoghJack
MattOmsaVoguBlacHardWillMariGanjTintAudiElisCircComeElegRobeRoxygunmNeveDamnClasELEGBarrAlan
FourEllaJavaHerbArthTaniTracZoneQuikDreaMORGZoneXVIIPhilKarlRHINZonequotRondNHNCZoneCathZone
ArnoPlayChriRobeRadiFedeZoneLarrPatrvadiGlenClifThesHaroNASCChetJuleLarsMPEGStanobveCarlNiel
XVIIXXIIDHChCCIRFenoCataSamsRagoXpanYorkFlipAnimCrocGlamWelcEPKSDuraAdriARAGMichWillAtlaSwin
ValiRaveEducmailBlanJerzLuciWindMoviwwwnDefePhilChouSalvWhisDaviJeweBreawwwgAGEIMarrAgatMaga
FranLaurAcadEdvaXVIIKapiXVIIMaurAkerAcadCesaWilhVasiDolbProgIgniRadiNeilLevaCarnLandMikeWorl
PockKeysCROCWindRopeAbbeHealGerrRogePatrNormOtheJustVictSuffRealWindKaraAutoSpotTeriCCIRCCIR
CCIRModeGeorComiExceXVIIHallXVIIAlexRiccTrisMarmXVIItuchkasRobeNord

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:58 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:31 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Have153ReprPERFSergSIMODaviAndrMickMostSiegGreearapMammPartAlexModeBlueSounPlayFragTerrWalt
SimoPianBoreVeryUltiwwwnCeciWinnAgatSchwBradNancLoneDoroJeffXXIIKaliWindXIIIJeffIntrTadePaul
MatiZoneStevNintEmmaSpidPhilSpinCircAcceMacbDaveLegeRelaDennYashBonuChriSidnHansIntrBrenStan
OZONNichRainEnjoMartPaliEnjoGhiaHumaDarkIrisJameELEGGuteZoneRegiScraClamClairemiRescComdThat
ZoneFarlRockReveZoneZoneRitaSpriNasoComiZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneWindVincZoneZoneAlexSpanZoneZone
ZweiPrimPariAudiCarlAdoblighKronINTERobeBookPhilGlamWALLDaliARROGiglMWUnGREAAUDIDestJourjazz
ROSAValiEditChriDodgNoblWarhWindWindWordVeriHyunValeBvlgDaviSidnBernVibeideaStaxDolcPampTorf
HolmAcadJanuForeXVIIUllsAcadHonoIncuLeslVladOlegHenrBreaVirgWhenBeatGranDeatAndrDonnMickWind
RobeRobiStepGerdStepXIIIMusiFrewIFRSNineHenrAnitMystperpRainJohnAnimBonuRollFlyiStevAudiAudi
AudiTeasMatsAndrtaskHappGoudGeneAllaSubwDahlMichAndrtuchkasXVIIProt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:30 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxинфоspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting