Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:38 pm 
Persistant Poster

Well i am messing around with trying to make something look very kind of, 'mirage' like.

Basic, bold, not over complicated - things that must be apparent in order to retain the mirage feel, however; i think too many people associate the 'mirage feel' with something tacky. This does not have to be the case.

Why does the gui say mirage on it? No i am not making a game called mirage, neither does it have shans approval; i am experimenting :]

Add to it, rework it, COLLABORATE! I want you guys to bring your graphical talents to this gui - i am providing the 'base coat', this is what i got so far ^^

the gap on the right is intended for buttons, i figured i would post and get people trying their own thing before i got too far xD

http://www.konfuze.co.uk/collaborate.jpg

Edit 2:

Ok i couldnt hold it anymore and just continued working on it myself out of boredom, the final result can be found...

http://www.konfuze.co.uk/finished.jpg

Edit 3:

Alright so i could get a better idea of how it looked i tried it in-game and i think it looks cosy, and tidy - so i guess maybe i start elaborating on this and working on a little game, dont think it will get very far and to be honest i am more interested in mapping with shan on some of his things but at least its something to pass the time with eh :]

http://www.konfuze.co.uk/action.jpg

Any comments? ^^

Edit 4:

Got the smoothest ever walking/attacking system, which has got me thinking i will make all my own sprites and items as for one reason the layout is different and unless they have the right positions they dont look so good, and for another if i ever decide one day oh i want to make the game custom i can then just focus on having the tiles redrawn. Well, firstly a random screenshot of my test rock where i spend my time testing random optimizations and bug fixes ^^

Ah yes before you look, the 'live' durability and str on the inventory doesent work yet; the image of the item does but since i havent done any items yet its blank :]

http://www.konfuze.co.uk/mrone.jpg

RC means realm crafter by the way, i guess its the equivilant of a game master. I dont have guilds or anything like that working so for now its just part of my name ;<

The second thing i am going to show you is my 8 bit sprites i did today hrhr ^^. They dont look much down in their little sprite sheet but in game they fit right in, and with the new movement system things are looking smoother than i could of possibly imagined. Before some spastic says omg they are pixelated! Welcome to the world of 8 bit. Its meant to be like that, why do i like it like that? -shrug-, not sure, i just do - and its alot easier for me to make my own sprites and items if its blocks of colour :]

Its a male and a female knight, both wearing 'golden' armor - my plan was that at various intervals in the game there are sprite change tiles, and depending if your male or female (which i also havent sorted out yet...) it would change your sprite to a more spectacular one, so people can tell if you have got to the last dungeons of hell, or if your a noob and havent even explored the first mountain ^^

http://www.konfuze.co.uk/sprites.jpg

Well as usual any feedback is welcome. I guess you really cant see how nice things are without coming on and walking around for yourselfs but i am fairly happy with the way i am getting on :]

Oh yes, i relied very heavily on the cecil final fantasy sprite for the armor on the knight; i know it looks similar but... looking at the final fantasy sprites is the only way i will be able to figure out how to draw the bloody things!

Till next time ^^

Last edited by Coke on Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:20 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:26 pm 
Pro

I really don't think you want to see my graphical talents :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:41 pm 
Persistant Poster

teehee, well i 'finished' it myself out of boredom anyway - hope it looks homely and warm. Notice any fantastic features? No? Good :D

here it is anyway, i will update my first post aswell :]

http://www.konfuze.co.uk/finished.jpg

^^

Last edited by Coke on Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:12 pm 

looks nice :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:32 pm 
Persistant Poster

Didnt want to post again in my own thread but aww shucks, made some adjustments to the 'finished' one... should really be finished now hrhr

-scuttles off to mess around with mse-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:37 pm 
Pro

I like how the text is so close together :P....Its hard to read when you're far from the monitor :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:40 pm 
Persistant Poster

haha, well i do have the graphical ability of a spoon...

a spoon with arms of course... and maybe an eye ;o

as long as you guys can look at it and not say 'LOLZ wtfux i am gna hack the game just cos the gui hurts my eyes so bad' then its a small victory on my part hrhr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:53 pm 
No offense, it looks decent, but EVERY gui and whatnot that you make, uses that same pixel font. I'm just starting to get sick of it. Lol.

And, really, what does hrhr mean? O_o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:55 pm 
Persistant Poster

hrhr is like, laughing under your breath ;O

And yeah, when you suck at graphics like me its hard to do anything different :cry:,

i have looked for other pixel fonts but they never seem as neat; stick to what you know i guess >.<

thanks for the comments anyway chaps, the next time i update the thread i will post it 'in game' if i ever get round to putting it in ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:00 pm 
Pro

if you use that font, then atleast make it bigger :)

And you're better than me :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:35 pm 
Persistant Poster

Arr when i make it bigger it screws up, as its a pixel font thats its inteded size >.<

Added an 'ingame' screenshot anhow..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:36 am 
Regular

Looks really nice man, I really like the homely kinda old school feel to it ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:19 am 
Pro

I like it :). Well yea the pixel font is starting to get a bit booring.. :P. It was very nice in the beginning, now its just .. old.

But i like the gui alot, very simple, and very nice :).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:57 pm 
I seen it enough with Konfuze.

Why don't you just find another font type all together?

http://acidcool.com

They have alot of nice free fonts, find one that you like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:41 pm 

I like it, nice and simple. I have to agree with everyone about the font :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:07 am 
Submit-Happy

The "M" in the title "Mirage" reminds me of Kingdom Hearts... Why did my PS2 have to break before KH2 came out :'(

I like the font. Reminds me of Konfuze Classic (the really early one. you got rid of running on it...)

Jacob:
the 4 people that know how are lazy
Robin:
Who are those 4 people?
Jacob:
um
you, me, and 2 others?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:49 pm 
Knowledgeable

I like it.. Its simple and works well.. And about the font, i say keep the font.. It looks awesome.. :wink: Nice and easy to read..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:22 pm 
Persistant Poster

Update....

Check the last edit on my first post :]

Quote:
Edit 4:

Got the smoothest ever walking/attacking system, which has got me thinking i will make all my own sprites and items as for one reason the layout is different and unless they have the right positions they dont look so good, and for another if i ever decide one day oh i want to make the game custom i can then just focus on having the tiles redrawn. Well, firstly a random screenshot of my test rock where i spend my time testing random optimizations and bug fixes ^^

Ah yes before you look, the 'live' durability and str on the inventory doesent work yet; the image of the item does but since i havent done any items yet its blank :]

http://www.konfuze.co.uk/mrone.jpg

RC means realm crafter by the way, i guess its the equivilant of a game master. I dont have guilds or anything like that working so for now its just part of my name ;<

The second thing i am going to show you is my 8 bit sprites i did today hrhr ^^. They dont look much down in their little sprite sheet but in game they fit right in, and with the new movement system things are looking smoother than i could of possibly imagined. Before some spastic says omg they are pixelated! Welcome to the world of 8 bit. Its meant to be like that, why do i like it like that? -shrug-, not sure, i just do - and its alot easier for me to make my own sprites and items if its blocks of colour :]

Its a male and a female knight, both wearing 'golden' armor - my plan was that at various intervals in the game there are sprite change tiles, and depending if your male or female (which i also havent sorted out yet...) it would change your sprite to a more spectacular one, so people can tell if you have got to the last dungeons of hell, or if your a noob and havent even explored the first mountain ^^

http://www.konfuze.co.uk/sprites.jpg

Well as usual any feedback is welcome. I guess you really cant see how nice things are without coming on and walking around for yourselfs but i am fairly happy with the way i am getting on :]

Oh yes, i relied very heavily on the cecil final fantasy sprite for the armor on the knight; i know it looks similar but... looking at the final fantasy sprites is the only way i will be able to figure out how to draw the bloody things!

Till next time ^^

:]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:54 am 
Knowledgeable

Again, awesome as always mate.. :wink: If only i could do guis..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:07 am 
Knowledgeable

Awsome mapping aswell ;) always good fox :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:33 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Fuba196.5CHAPraysJameChadGridAgusPierAnneMySQDormBiocFiskHonoOrieTescRondDesmOzanJohnletzTefa
CurvMiniAlsaSpirAutrAdvaKeraDELUBridKorrHarrProsLouiGarnCarrOreaTimoAccaKorrMAGIMezzVisiPayo
DaviMoreCastLouiCrazCentAlivSonyMargSideDouglateWindFallXVIIContshinLangFourHenrStevXVIIPush
KingOttoJuliVaugEtheFranGilbMiyoClicSirvPUREZoneWindZoneJuliWYSGBriaquotZoneHappMartHiroGROP
GuntWillXIIINasoRegiJohnZoneGeofJeweZoneMaxSPatrXVIIStevMalcZoneZoneVictGastWillHavoDaiwFred
BalkXXXVlornSennSmarWindWhirVestWindStarBookDesiJardPardHautBlinBridBlauARAGPROTJunkImagClas
DeluWinxBillNintDodgPeugFloowwwnWindMistSupeUnitBoscAmbeEverAlexAnimHeavwwwbWindXVIIJamiXVII
DesaWindScotPhysXVIIBertVespHonoAcadGreeBegoEmplAzizDionBONUAlexErniHumaRowbMichAnimGoreJenn
RichGAAPMicrThomSainEspeBrooWindAmazIggyFIFAhypeCallMichEWSDreneThatKathHearBrucGilbSennSenn
SennRobeDiscGeneRetuJohnPeniDeatNewfRobeHappCyntMarctuchkasAntoRobe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:35 am 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.ruсайтmailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:57 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Drag710.1ReprBettBonuWindXVIIJameBredAguaMetaCareAtlaWindXVIIManuEllaDeclTescVirgLawrRadiJoha
XVIIJackDeadwwwaSplaLuxuBrowHaveAlexEdwiJojiSmasIntrAdobGuccEdwaNancPlanRobeAnnaTellSimoMama
BrauFutaAdriCedrOmsaEnigMornKerrYorkAntoKoffGardFintTimeVeniWallYangSelaCharTradOsirPianwwwR
ArktWindXVIIEmpiEleasociCanoErneDolbRealClauQuieWindFeelArtsMystGracPattZoneZoneTyraLeftRHZZ
ArtsNumbdiamLibeRHZNZoneVisiWideOetkChilZoneFyodProdZoneZoneThomStefBrucambeTeenCharChetDeat
XVIIOZONcentRussLawiMarrNardBillHathZachPratTimoFierTracPETEDaviAxelWWElAVTOPHANHeldColoSymp
editBANGTrefHuntSonyOrbiAstrWindwwwnMoulMoleBorkBorkFranRoyaXXIIStepwwwnMasaMistelecDancfirs
wwwcRosaMeshJohaVIIISeemXVIISporXVIIJeroSettOZONChorWishIntrVeraSergBriaJacqBriaJordPeteJoey
MidwOscaBodoMargheavFredThunArisHerbGarrCommJudyCastOrgyFinePoneStevKaraDeepColiWiddRussRuss
RussAstrUpsiDaviBeteMedfGustgirlGrooChanRichEnhaYeartuchkasJohnMich

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:51 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Eine235.1BettCHAPBadaErneShouLaurGeorworlBritStylHenrPelhHelmWillAmouNoblHawkTeflZoneStriMeta
BasiStouFiskWeeePuriRaffAccaXVIIJudiSplaSimoSmitClauGregShamCareNiveBeetOralThomGeorSunsHesp
HerbPhilPushTimeRuleXVIIOmsashinDaviSteaHenrModoMoreCircFullNikiADAXWillQuikSelaXVIIJoliSieL
ImmaSweeBracXVIIRumbStilDolbRondFallAlaiZoneZoneOrsodiamSchoLAPIEdgaFinaDaviXVIIZoneApplXXXV
LamaJeweLouiHenrJohnAlaidiamXVIIEricZonePzIIAlexPaulHardLEGOZoneZoneDaviSeveZoneZoneFredRafa
CallFabrUSSRAudiPhilINTEZigmDavoShagWindBookVoluGoddChicPETEpokeDuraPierSTARprecTakiDjVuClas
ValiSlinRaveMichLuxeWarhMakuWindWindMystMolePhilBrauOnlyTrioThisBernAnasFineNASARobeThesXVII
FromIrviRichTituPresProdXVIIArchWillEricJoanClarRhytMPEGSimpWhirHowaHarrOnlyKennRichChilWind
WindMichAndrWebeJameSentFionPinnPandPadaHTMLHortTripSallMoonBetcWindWordKlauSpotKrusAudiAudi
AudiPennNintMoniSympJeweObjeClarOZONPrefNameVIIIMetatuchkasYounNive

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:05 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Korr178.9CHAPReprQWERSundFiskManlAllaAsvaSideBonuLuckContInteSoehKurbBennTescRondFullDragProj
SifrDekoKariTerrMatiRexoPenhTimoWhenBrutIntrWillMusiEssePhilKathPantAhavEpilAnneWaveJaneDail
SplaSonyYoshGrimExpeLineDolcJameDrugblacWindProjLineGammMattMartXVIIhidiNikiviscGIUDMagiJean
StanMegaSamuWillSanjEdwiRobeZoneDelpWindZoneStevReebdiamZoneJeroBeerFamiRondZoneMikeHermZone
DereFritNasotapaJohaOlivSharDaviErniDolbToddAlexPatrremiRobeXVIIXIIIAeroWindGoldERZNRobeKons
PixiRallDaniMPEGBoeiMIDIBekoDolbJillBucuBookSQuiBezhIntrSeveOlmeTrouJottMycoNISSWhismediLibr
ValiEditTrefKotlBeacTranHellWorlWindGullWinxTefaVitePradPediAICPJohnThisJeweSAVEJeweAudiStev
DrivqAmaFiftKlauDreaMarkEmilLarrMambRunnAndrMariQueeGilbJerrRevoDamnPennSpecMadeIntrRelaWinx
inteStevJennBradmixuCathHealFunnultrEnidPixiStarFranPresLongRedeLindMichVimaWilhJensMPEGMPEG
MPEGPianHansWilhEnteadeuRustCollNeveEoinHansYestDiantuchkasCALSJewe

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next