Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:47 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:18 pm 
Submit-Happy

Show some paperdoll items for the taller sprite.

Jacob:
the 4 people that know how are lazy
Robin:
Who are those 4 people?
Jacob:
um
you, me, and 2 others?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:27 am 
Mario wrote:
i've never seen vans work, but by what i have just seen... a child could do just as good, and let me see anyone else show step by step from nothing and make better sprites then i have here, new and old. vans totally erased all minor detial and changed critical size, you have to think about the future and the way items will lay out on your sprite its not just looks, but at the same time, it is.

ImageImage

and anyone can take a previously existing sprite, outline it and do touch ups, i created these all by myself with no template, no existing sprites to go off, just a blank page in paint, so say what you will. And vans was asking for the way I acted, you don't just take hold of someones project and try and turn it around, for the worst. and its not ungreatful to not except help, don't give help and dont mess with other peoples work unless asked, or you offer first. That was offencive to me what he did, i mean, when trying to make something better, at least make it, better! if I was showing off vans edited sprite as my own, what would you all be saying? I would be moving backward, not forward in the progress.

Image Image Image

Owns your face.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:58 am 
Regular

okay thoes are damn good, but they dont even look human! looks like egg head and pudgebody! and they are all the same, just different colors. but still quite damn good, nothing i would ever use, put thoes skills to some damn use boy! I would still use mine, at least you can fit more than 5 sprites on a map, you cant with these due to the lack of a porportioned body, but very very nice! I guess I am just aiming for that mature look, not the game made for a 8yo.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:30 am 
Pro

Mario wrote:
okay thoes are damn good, but they dont even look human! looks like egg head and pudgebody! and they are all the same, just different colors. but still quite damn good, nothing i would ever use, put thoes skills to some damn use boy! I would still use mine, at least you can fit more than 5 sprites on a map, you cant with these due to the lack of a porportioned body, but very very nice! I guess I am just aiming for that mature look, not the game made for a 8yo.

Its called Chibi.

Yours arent really "porportioned" either... Even though you're shooting for a realistic style.. you still pixel an anime style. If you want the "mature" look.. then go for the realistic thing. And study human anatomy.

I also suggest you shade your outline towards your light source.. which you hardly have.. also give them more contrast and less invisible colours.. and by that i mean useless shades .. and not save your work in JPG.. it messes up the quallity. And dont get angry for him editing your sprite.. if you dont want criticism why do you even post??

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:55 am 
Regular

I know more about human anatomy then you could even imagine... I'm in school for massage therapy, i have to know all names of bones, joints, muscles, skeletal system, so dont just assume, i work my ass off to know what stuff. and as for having a light source, which you say i hardly have, thats cause I DONT have a light source, and i do want criticism not people bending my project over and FN it! and i only use jpg when i post online

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:28 am 
Knowledgeable

You obviously are not looking for criticism because every time somebody says they dislike your sprites you attack them. You shouldn't make your works public if you don't want someone to hate your work.

Locked before this goes further.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2