Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:22 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:13 pm 

I'm mostly looking for a programmer for any language to program for us a
MMORPG Normal engine OR a Side to Side Platform online game engine.

:)

Quote:
Project: Gusole Online
Company: iGamer
Style: Shooter/MMORPG OR Side to Side Platform
Genre: 2D
Current Free Positions: Pixel Artist, Concept Artist, Musician & Programmer: Very needed.

If you wish to submit an application to join the iGamer team, please use the following format:

Position: What you are applying for.
Experiences: List other Experiences.

NOTE: Copy Code and post under this topic.

Code:
[b]Position:[/b] [i]TEXT GOES HERE [/size][/i]
[b]Experiences:[/b] [i]TEXT GOES HERE[/i]

Here's the game's sprite, property of our company:

Here's the game description:

Quote:
Game style: Side to Side platform/shooter
Name: GuSoLe (Gunner U Sniper O Lasor E )
Units: Gunners, Snipers, & Lasors.
Setting: War/city/YR2000

Quote:
Quote:
d=Damage , w=Walking Speed , s=Shooting Speed

Quote:
X=Small/Slow , XX=Medium , XXX=Fast/High

Quote:
Gunner= W:XXX , S:XXX , D:X
Sniper= W:XX , S:XX , D:XX
Lasor= W:X , S:X , D:XXX

Basically for the ones who don't know how to read the chart, I'll explain.

Gunners are the faster Unit of all. They are fast at running and shooting but they do the lowest damage. This Unit specializes on striking and running away from the field on a matter of seconds without being hurt. ( Flag Game: Great on catching the flag for their great speed. Bad on securing the flag for the low damage they do. )

Snipers are the balanced Unit. They aren't great at anything, but are not bad at anything either. [Gunners are bad at damage but good at speed] Snipers have medium speed at running, medium speed at shooting, and they have a medium damage, meaning not high or low. This unit specializes on striking and staying on the field to secure the perimeter. This is because they don't have any weaknesses. ( Flag Game: Good on catching and securing the flag. )

Lasors are the stronger Unit of all. They have a low speed at running, & a low speed at shooting, BUT they do the greatest damage of all. This Unit specializes on defending a perimeter and killing the enemy on a really short time. ( Flag Game: Great on securing the flag for the great damage they do. Bad on catching the flag for their low speed. )

All of the 3 classes are very fun.

Submit your applications and I'll come back and check it out. :) And pm you our forums.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:18 pm 
You spelled Laser wrong. >.>

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:58 pm 

The thing is that I can not name it Laser. Laser is not an unit or a person.
So I came up with Lasor. Its like naming the Gunner unit Gun. Makes no sense.

How could I name someone who uses Lasers as a weapon? A laser? mmm

By the way, I am Server from False Prophet Online. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:59 pm 
Gun > Gunner.
Laser > Laserer.

>.>

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:08 pm 

You know what you might be right Advocate. :wink: Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:36 pm 
Community Leader

Google Talk: Darunada@gmail.com
I believe the game you aspire to make is already made.

I believe it is called Soldat.

I am a professional software developer in Salt Lake City, UT.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:45 pm 
Submit-Happy

Soldat is amazingly fun. Especially with registration hacks.

Jacob:
the 4 people that know how are lazy
Robin:
Who are those 4 people?
Jacob:
um
you, me, and 2 others?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:59 pm 

Dave wrote:
I believe the game you aspire to make is already made.

I believe it is called Soldat.

There's 100s of the same games out there. People with swords, killing the same monsters, and getting the same drops. I guess both games have the same theme in common. But I think my graphics are better. My game is not about being rich and getting the most expensive items, its more about PK'ing and scores. I'm not sure how that game works but I'll check it out some day this week. Dave, I guess your statement applies to every game.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:04 am 
Pro

are you paying?

Labmonkey gets mod, everybody loves him, people find out his code sucks, he gets demoted, then banned, then he makes an engine called Chaos Engine.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:32 am 

No I am not. I'm just offering a place as a programmer/administrator for the company. You'll of course receive credit
for you work. I appreciate all your comments but please if you're going post let it be an application. Thanks a lot. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:06 am 
zero wrote:

How do you know me as Advocate? O.o

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:24 am 
Regular

Maybe he's a stalker :O
http://web.miragesource.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=4020&p=47230&hilit=advocate#p47230

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:04 am 
Yeah, I get that. But only people who were around when I was Advocate, call me that. :P

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:11 am 
Pro

I would like some info as to what exactly you need programmed, and if or if not you are using mirage/ORE as a base.

Labmonkey gets mod, everybody loves him, people find out his code sucks, he gets demoted, then banned, then he makes an engine called Chaos Engine.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:35 pm 

Labmonkey wrote:
I would like some info as to what exactly you need programmed, and if or if not you are using mirage/ORE as a base.

I need a platform online engine. I don't really care about the language or the base to be honest. I don't know much about programming so this is why I came here. Not like I am going to work on it. I only pixel not program. The programmer would have a choice to work on the language she or he feels better working with.

Perfekt wrote:
zero wrote:

How do you know me as Advocate? O.o

You know, I don't blame you because you don't remember me. This is Server from False Prophet Online. You remember? That guy who was always active on your game. Just this month my account turned one year old on your forums. Pretty much when the forums where created. :) This is how I know you from FPO. How did I guessed you where Advocate? I saw your Avatar on the FPO forums.

Perfekt wrote:
Yeah, I get that. But only people who were around when I was Advocate, call me that. :P

Ah, I guess I was around. :o Advocate.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:51 pm 
Pro

um, what exactly do you need it to do? And you said your not paying? I dont think anyone would code that for you if your not paying, but that's just my opinion. I have a platform engine, but you probably dont want it. Might i suggest donating $40 to spodi and getting his? It is pretty good, and has a support forum.
http://vbgore.com/Ninja_Story_engine

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:10 pm 

Thanks for your help, but I don't think I'm going to pay for it. Thanks anyways.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:15 pm 
Oh. You. >.> Lol.

I didn't recognize the name change. FPO is basically dead, DFA's gonna help revive it though. :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:25 pm 

Oh I see. I hope it comes back to life. :)

You guys think I should make this game offline? I really want to make it online but I can't find a programmer or an engine. I need an engine that supports jumping, and shooting with your mouse. :( What do you guys think about the sprite?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:40 pm 
Pro

I can give you the old firecaster engine...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:50 pm 

Sure why not.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:01 am 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffuserhttp://semiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchuckинфоtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:27 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Summ427.7PERFBettSchaSamaSoviPeteJohnAlfrDamjLionJohnVerkArthMoteGeorBrasJeanPianKalmJohnMari
SearLeonItalDeepWindCathOZONCharMariBriaPrelremiXVIIVirgMostPhiljudgXVIILookIrisBambEdwaGeor
SaraJeanFranWindRomaArktLegeAlmoXVIIFyodAionActiAdamDolbBernPaulMattwhitHarrJohnDeepBlinJewe
WindGiocVIIISideColuXVIISpliNeveAnatBaldHeinJeweJoseZoneArtsKeepJoseStomArtsThomLoveRichArts
ArtsZoneArtsFireZoneZoneSharEnhaZoneMarkZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneINTERaymZoneZoneQuicRichMitcAmit
ZoneXVIIXVIIAdvaAmhendasBekoElecMeatBookCrasBookKnirPerlIntrLiveGiglFredUltiCITRXXIIpracClas
BALIGuitFeedImpeOZONDreaHansWindorelTranEducMoulMoulhappWhisWindRobeKateMagiTrevHannKrisYour
BoysGeofXVIIKarlIntrRubiThisWillTimeJoseXIIIMargPeerBlueLoveAnimmediStarBrunUmbrHughjhjdENVY
JeweSimoJameAnneWarhThisSchoClauPandJerrLumeMaryQuinBlaiThomJeweChriMicrNeroIronAdobAdvaAdva
AdvaMathMojrCrosSilvTipsNighChriPaulathaMichMichJasctuchkaslookDoro

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:11 am 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.ruсайтmailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:37 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Beja222.7CHAPAIDSJumpJameGoodLindTimePackFranAnatBillPoinJuliCoreAngeDereNinaKarlRoomFondSide
KuscDiscAndrSpirJaneLeviJackRomapaccWillVeriRadaTuruSideRecoRossJacqAlexPresTescPensMatiArth
MineThomThisCarlAdvaPushBarbIrenSelaSelaSpliScreTimeELEGElegElegMadhRitcStevVideDimaXVIIRich
XIIIOmsaNikiCircFallSilvthesArmaChriFallElisDaniSelaBalaZoneDesaZoneXXVIKosuRowlAdioZoneValh
ZoneZoneTireZoneZoneZoneJeffZoneZoneGrahZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneWindZoneZoneZoneZoneJeweZoneZone
ZonetronPaulMPEGWestKronBekoAcacRobeSupeDisnRenaFiveBeflFcDoWoodWalkStanSTARARAGJeweEsseClas
GardOmbrTimeXVIIFerrAlbeTuttTimeWindWindGiotPhilChouCityGourAzizTakkTaleHenrDownFortHeleMcDe
JohnAgatEdmoNorbBranRogeHenrThomStefJohaJohnOlegSwanStarRequGaliLiveWordRichVivaTunaTracTomb
LakeAllaThomMichndulMomeNBAcRomeSeymMansAlerJuniDaviIrenWindJeweIndeFronPeteStarSwimMPEGMPEG
MPEGwwwcJohnAstrThisCultGitaNokiKeviHenrSelmCyntVisutuchkasSonaquic