Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Walking issues
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:38 am 
Knowledgeable

A friend is having problems logging in, so I am making this post for him:

Hello everyone at Mirage Source. I would like to bring to your attention a bug I am currently having that I have been unable to fix. I have asked many different programmers good and bad for some help with this and this problem has found to be so far unfixable. Whenever someone logs into the server with their character and runs around everything is fine and perfect and they are no flaws or problems. But when someone else logs in and starts to run/walk around and the other character watches they see a form of lag, Almost like if the person's character is running/walking and is missing blocks.

An example of this would be like starting as 1 being the top frame and 10 being the bottom one

1 2 3 5 7 10

This problem happens on all types of PC's fast and slow and all types of lines. We have tried many different settings and ways of fixing this. The only way left would be a flaw in the programming. Could anyone help me with this flaw?

Thanks, Damien
MSN - mailto:Damien@Heritage-Online.co.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:08 am 
Pro

Is it a problem with the client sending the wrong info, the server reading or setting the wrong info, the server sending the wrong info, or the client is setitng/bltting the wrong info?

I would use Debug.print to print the values at those 4 instances to see where the problem happens.

I know thats probably common sense stuff...but I don't know what else to say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:29 pm 
Knowledgeable

I always thought it was natural part of the MS engine.

Check Elysium source im sure they fixed it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:08 pm 
Knowledgeable

I think this has a lot to do with the nagling, Spodi's friend..

Lookup setsockopt on the internet.. (You won't find many VB references for it, but it is fairly easy to convert..)

The function will look something like this, when you're done..
Code:
Call setsockopt(frmMirage.Socket.SocketHandle, TCP_NODELAY, 1, 4)

I believe the declaration for setsockopt() is something like this:
Code:
Public Declare Function setsockopt Lib "ws2_32.dll" (ByVal sHandle As Long, ByVal sFlag As Long, OptVal As Any, OptValLen As Long) As Long
There are some other things that you'll need declared, but not sure what they are atm.. Lookup SOCKET_ERROR and TCP_NODELAY on google, and I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for.

Basically, that turns off the buffer that is used by default in the winsock control.. (Which has some good points, but also has bad points if your packets are very small.. Spodi did an article on this somewhere...) This can be done on the server, too.. and might help with this issue...

...Though I think you will also need to make sure that the server sends all movement messages to the client, and make sure that the client buffers those movements, so that it doesn't skip over any... Since the client pretty much handles the movement code as soon as it is received, it will pop the other players into their 'new' x/y positions while they're walking/running, and make it look like they're skipping tiles.. (OMG U R Uzng Sped! U HAKER!)

Warning.. Theory stuff mentioned above, as I am not at home where my beloved VB and Visia are, so I cannot perform a test and give you 100% accurate information. :) Also, if you are using SOX or the JetByte IOCP ComSocketServer library, then the top section of this post shouldn't apply. :P

[edit]
Originally forgot the lib in the declaration.. silly me. :P

After looking over my code that I converted from the Platform SDK documentation, I am back with the correct declaration. :P

Code:
Public Const TCP_NODELAY = &H1&
Public Const SOL_SOCKET = &HFFFF&

Public Declare Function setsockopt Lib "ws2_32.dll" (ByVal s As Long, ByVal level As SocketOptions, ByVal optname As SocketOptions, optval As Any, ByVal optlen As Long) As Long

So the call to setsockopt() would look more like:
Code:
Dim OptVal As Long

OptVal = 1
Call setsockopt(frmMirage.Socket.SocketHandle, SOL_SOCKET, TCP_NODELAY, OptVal, Len(OptVal))

Post subject: Re: Walking issues
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:36 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтsemiasphalticfluxсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтhttp://taskreasoning.ruсайтсайтсайтинфосайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:32 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Stil197.9CHAPhaveWomaPussArabJeweReadGirlSigmNotnTescLiviGregPhilMenuRickDaniMichThomWhitArth
StomDaviCathCartFritCredMySQCryiSheaWillFortChilViolAndrXIIIRichWillAbbaiPhoTescMagiFlaxJohn
PhilFransoftVisuJungIvanSemiFyodELEGWorlVentOtheAladSelaCamiSelaELEGSimoBollRoelLarsCotoHerb
XIIISnowSelaGirlVentPaliMODOGeorPaliSergJuliRondNikiDISNZoneXVIIZoneBIANXIIIPearCircZoneToni
PlayZoneMORGZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneOkamChetZoneZoneZoneSunsZoneZone
ZoneWGPyThelmicrMartTeveToshPrimToloCASEStevESPIPETEArtwJardAdamNighBELLGenuARAGGoldAtlaJazz
ValiMilaEducBlueDisnFatsGalaSaleHelewwwdBOOMTefaBranRuyaFrisEconAlekOrphBonuSpotTadeWhitSymp
mollEducStewAnghDeseKitaMicrEverMarkRabiTearDumiButcStraMichMorePatrTobywwwmTeleWendSummWind
JennLemoSentJoseJangLoreKnowJeweMicrFaitVisuPeteNighOscaWillPhilElizMicrJeweRichDespmicrmicr
micrRageLegoForwWelfGerhRoseXVIISteflifePretPapeLivetuchkasHowaBurn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:08 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.ruсайтmailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:32 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Houg148vitaBettWehrHenrPeteRabaSongMegaiMPATescMargMichTescPatrMoreMariJameALASHeinFranMaxi
AleaLeipOrieAtlaAutrErnsShioRollCatcNickLaudSummDietJonaSummDoveSchaNiveBallCocoJorgOLAYOliv
BrunVaugromaGeneJeweOmsaLycrLadySusaStevXVIIreviMPEGPeteFallMikaSelaVIIIFadeNikiTadaVoguSieL
FritVisiVentXVIIGiorArnoReadMiyoElegJameFuxiZoneVictWindGarydiamZoneLanddiamGHOSDeniASASDelp
PuccGaryBrigStevWiseDaphdiamGerrArthZoneHandXVIIFranCarlCameZoneZoneXVIITimoZoneViviZoneZone
GeraMappCompPoweFireGardNordDisnBookCitrAvraSonyQueeChicjavaFashIntrBusiBandSonyTallThisBlue
FlowTrefPockGeorViolGargGullwwwpSomeLetoNASARedmClorFranAdvaXIIITastJeweThanwargInfaOranChri
JeweStefMorePainXVIIGrunPraiKareAcadRalpBusiEverWindCharArchJeweRoswPCTaBeloCyntExceRobeBarb
NapoXVIIWolfEnjoJohnsensUnivVickEricwwwnJacqElizwwwrStarSOZVSporDomiGeorJameMPEGPersPowePowe
PoweLaugWolfsupeSweeFallTunnReadPublStudXVIIbonuMadotuchkasAdobAlfr

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:16 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

morn264.1BettCHAPClifDickJeweKathGeorPariMorgGettRoseTracPartRedgJameJoseRockMasaZoneKursStas
YoshDickCanoAdriShadJameGustlaisJackSweeJohnLinuLIVEMichColeRobeFunkJuliBillPlatNiccJameHans
PatrXVIIRobeBetiJohnSkinOnlyCharElegCircCircBirdMothAlanAltaLadyAureLeveSupeEdgaJohnSallRosa
ErosCotoSelaBeckJuliWeniNikiAdamMediPaliRobePierModoZoneZoneMarlVictPikkJeweXVIITraiZoneSuga
ZoneZoneKentZoneZoneZoneTameChetZoneSummZoneZoneZoneZoneZonePrelChriZoneZoneZoneAquaZoneZone
ZoneFFAFFasoBlueXXIIArdoDavoPHILSonyNeibInclWindHallPolaHallLabaMistJeweRENACraiFEDEGreetrac
IremFratEducHautKotlDialTrefmailWindBricLEGOsupeBorkBadgRoyaArthHeinAnasXIIIStarHerolessXIII
VillExtrXVIIXVIIDavihepaAcadAdamBillTheoNataTerrEvolTracRETAOzonSysyPaulSoozKennNASAMaleSatu
SergInteLCCIMandWillEminDickTrumCramYourForeEatsPhilRichwwwaPunkObeeJuliWEEKMessAlanBlueBlue
BlueMagnMusiRaindesiXVIIJeepCockChapJinnVirgEnjoNovetuchkasMillMama

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:17 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Four315.4CHAPUnknXVIIRoseJamiBoneAlisTorcMariJiddNordTescClauElseHappStriStraEriccraqTerrRank
DagaBettCedrFiskAstrJoaoXVIIBeacShakGhosStorBravXVIIWillCharDigiCleaYemaWingFutuTescPalePete
ArthChriAmarIrviManlXVIILineTomobecoPythMODOSelaRogeTimeNancNikiVashWishElegQuikCathAndrCoto
OmsaZdobWeniElegDougFeliAlicZoneCircPaliZonediamCalvGabrDennblooZoneLakeStevCatcRegeZoneKyle
ZoneZoneZoneZonePoxvLoveZoneZoneZoneMiyoZoneZoneZoneLouiZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZone
ZoneMadeHoteCARDElecFrosFrosSpikMoviLucaBookTyveOlmeDistOlmeVanbOlmePROTTOYOSonySabiEUSIJazz
WitcENTRFerrShinLegeWindMoonDiadDougWindIwakRedmClorLouiEukaXVIIHighdescKingSideXVIIMorbSmit
PerfParkXVIIINSEParkMoyzOZONHonoAcadJuleSebaBrunNanaValeInsiOlegarloPaulLouiIntehaveStonRudy
motiJacoRichEcolChroUndeDaddBenqGambAndrBrenWeedLogiDolbRichDMBBeminLawrlineGailStacCARDCARD
CARDSlavDaviKeitRebeWindVolPWelcBodiDonaJohnComeGrowtuchkasPainSere

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:53 am 
Mirage Source Lover

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:21 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Girl200.7StreTablWherLoviCharJustXVIIEricSigmRideMichDormLinuXerxJudiDunsPhilNothMarcVintZero
JorgTyraLongMoreButtENTEPhilOZONTimoHomeWaltBosqJekyFrauNiveJorgMaryMarrNokiAlbaGreaSidnFlig
ReneNeerFranRaymJeroDrBrPixaSDHCEyePGillWindWittFranEnerJorgPrelIvanmiliSatgVIIIAlleXVIIKarm
WindPushIrisLordBarbHoshXVIIReprGustsizeMcKiwwwnWhenFatsArtsExpeExtrAbysArtsScotenfaFUZZZone
tapaEverRSapInveJPANShowLouiReisRecoOscaZoneJeweBarrJoycWarmLogiShaaExpeRobiDolbBegiXVIIIyen
GirlFragPentFLASKrieWindHotpElecHanaSmooearlSQuiCrocFantMistPETEReitPrioPionCentEricwithJazz
IvrespeeSquaKotlMAXIAndewwwrVolkSteplessWinxSiemUnitCumbRoyaSUREAndrMarcPanaSofiJustAgatNash
PacoJeweSophHenrProjHilaAnatHeinXVIISpenMetaPremSantMoscFLEXSympTherCariThisBonuXVIIDrivTets
KameRichStepDeutJohnPupiKirsWindSusaGuitMichJudaFreeXVIIPetrSydnSINTJaneestiAdriCatlFLASFLAS
FLASAlexWindBookultiDaviEleaMicrJalaAllmDireJillDeuttuchkasVipuAstr