Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:01 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Understanding Byte Array
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:31 pm 
Community Leader

Google Talk: johansson_tk@hotmail.com
After a short talk to Verrigan through PMs. I've decided to understand/code byte arrays. And after checking out his source now. Im starting to get a idea how its made.

To start with, he used this to give the arrays a name:
Code:
Public Sub InitMessages()
  HandleDataSub(SMsgGetClasses) = GetAddress(AddressOf HandleGetClasses)
End Sub

That is called from Sub InitServer(). Pretty logical.

This is were it become complicated, this code:
Code:
Sub HandleData(ByVal Index As Long, ByRef Buffer() As Byte)
On Error Resume Next
  Dim MsgType As Byte
  Dim StartAddr As Long

MsgType = GetByteFromBuffer(Buffer, True)
  StartAddr = 0

If aLen(Buffer) > 0 Then StartAddr = VarPtr(Buffer(0))

If MsgType > SMSG_COUNT Then
    Call HackingAttempt(Index, "Packet Manipulation")
  Else
    Call CallWindowProc(HandleDataSub(MsgType), Index, StartAddr, aLen(Buffer), 0)
  End If
  If Err.Number <> 0 Then
  End If
End Sub

Is the part that checks what packet is recieved. But I don't understand how that part can run a sub through:
Code:
Public Declare Function CallWindowProc Lib "user32" Alias "CallWindowProcA" (ByVal lpPrevWndFunc As Long, ByVal Index As Long, ByVal StartAddr As Long, ByVal ByteLen As Long, ByVal ExtraVar As Long) As Long

So if somebody knows that, please fill me in.

And after that, it's basicly just to copy the whole modBuffer to your game, and simply start changing the packets.

But now we have another odd thing, how can the program know what Parse belongs to which: GetIntegerFromBuffer(Buffer, True)

I give you a example how I mean:
Code:
Private Sub HandlePlayer(ByVal Index As Long, ByVal StartAddr As Long, ByVal ByteLen As Long, ByVal ExtraVar As Long)
  Dim Buffer() As Byte
  Dim MsgTo As Long
  Dim Msg As String

Buffer = FillBuffer(StartAddr, ByteLen)

If ValidateMessage(Index, Buffer) = 1 Then
    MsgTo = FindPlayer([b]GetStringFromBuffer(Buffer, True)[/b])

If MsgTo <> Index Then
      If MsgTo > 0 Then
        Msg = [b]GetStringFromBuffer(Buffer, True)[/b]

Call AddLog(GetPlayerName(Index) & " tells " & GetPlayerName(MsgTo) & ", '" & Msg & "'", PLAYER_LOG)
        Call PlayerMsg(MsgTo, GetPlayerName(Index) & " tells you, '" & Msg & "'", TellColor)
        Call PlayerMsg(Index, "You tell " & GetPlayerName(MsgTo) & ", '" & Msg & "'", TellColor)
      Else
        Call PlayerMsg(Index, "Player is not online.", White)
      End If
    Else
      Call AddLog("Map #" & GetPlayerMap(Index) & ": " & GetPlayerName(Index) & " begins to mumble to himself, what a weirdo...", PLAYER_LOG)
      Call MapMsg(GetPlayerMap(Index), GetPlayerName(Index) & " begins to mumble to himself, what a weirdo...", Green)
    End If
  End If
End Sub

The two bold texts are two different string. Which are used for two different variables. Msg and MsgTo, and how come Msg doesnt get the MsgTo information? And vise versa. How does the buffer know which one to give what information. The same goes for when there are two or more integers that is being sent, how does the buffer know which one should be the Index and which one to be the itemnumber for example?

If I end up in success, I might make a small tutorial that will help you to convert the packets (this is if Verrigan dont mind). Cause I know he don't want everybody to get things served on a silver plate, but to actually understand what they'r doing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:45 pm 
Community Leader

Okay, so I figured out the last question I had on the topic.

Msg and MsgTo. The way you put them in the buffer in the client, the same order they should be called on the server.

For example client side:
Code:
  Buffer = ""
  Buffer = AddStringToBuffer(Buffer, MsgTo)
  Buffer = AddStringToBuffer(Buffer, Text)

And then serverside:
Code:
  Buffer = FillBuffer(StartAddr, ByteLen)

If ValidateMessage(Index, Buffer) = 1 Then
    MsgTo = FindPlayer(GetStringFromBuffer(Buffer, True))

If MsgTo <> Index Then
      If MsgTo > 0 Then
        Msg = GetStringFromBuffer(Buffer, True)

You see how first the MsgTo was put into the buffer on the client. And it was the first thing to be taken out from the buffer serverside. And after that, Text was put in the buffer clientside, and was taken out from the buffer serverside as Msg, AFTER MsgTo. :)

So now I understand that too :)

EDIT: Side question: did IOCP remove winsock? Im checking in MSE-Verrigan now, and noticed that the winsock control was removed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:22 pm 
Pro

Yes it has =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:32 pm 
Pro

Google Talk: blackagesbr@gmail.com
Yes, when you change from winsock to IOCP, you dont need the winsock anymore so you can remove it. And CallWindowProc uses the memory pointer so its bit compicated to explain it all but basicly:
Code:
Sub HandleData(ByVal Index As Long, ByRef Buffer() As Byte)
On Error Resume Next
  Dim MsgType As Byte
  Dim StartAddr As Long

MsgType = GetByteFromBuffer(Buffer, True)
  StartAddr = 0

If aLen(Buffer) > 0 Then StartAddr = VarPtr(Buffer(0))

If MsgType > SMSG_COUNT Then
  Else
    Call CallWindowProc(HandleDataSub(MsgType), Index, StartAddr, aLen(Buffer), 0)
  End If
  If Err.Number <> 0 Then
  End If
End Sub

Buffer() is a ByteArray and you receive it from the Client as a ByteArray. Just in case: I'm considering that averybody knows what an array is. When it receives the packet it get's Buffer(0) which is the "packet ID"("playerdata", etc) and, using GetByteFromBuffer it get's it's ID and Saves into MsgType. Then to make it faster, instead of sending the hole buffer(which is the packet it selfs) to the specific HandleData Sub it saves the StartAddress of the buffer into a variable("StartAddr") and THEN it calls then CallWindowProc. This CallWindowProc just run the specific sub depending of what MsgType you have by checking from the memory IDs you seted in the InitMessages sub.
Plx Verrigan, correct me if I'm wrong but that's what I get from reading the code, I've taked a look a while ago but I never realy used it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:28 pm 
Community Leader

grimsk8ter11 wrote:
Yes it has =)
Okay, cause I didn't remember if it did :P

@Dragoons Master: Thanks for going indepth :) Cause I really want to fully understand how all of it work. And now I noticed that changing to byte arrays will take a lot of time. But I guess it's worth it :)

Keep the discussion going :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:30 pm 
Pro

So you fill an array with the data being sent, and then the server sorts it back out in the order that it was sent in, but how does it know when to transfer from one value to the next, e.g., from data1 to data2 on the map editor, or whatever?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:29 pm 
Pro

Obsidian wrote:
So you fill an array with the data being sent, and then the server sorts it back out in the order that it was sent in, but how does it know when to transfer from one value to the next, e.g., from data1 to data2 on the map editor, or whatever?

each value has a set number of bytes, for example, if there are integers, they each take 2 bytes(I think?). The client knows this, and reads the first 2 bytes as the first integer and the 2nd to bytes as the 2nd integer.

with Verrs system, once it reads the data it is expecting, it removes it from the byte array(I think?) so the next operation doesn't even have to know what came before it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:37 pm 
Pro

oh okay. that actually makes a lot of sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:34 pm 
Pro

Editors?

Yeah....

so i'm assuming that based on verrigan's code, it just loads the entire rec for that particular item/spell/shop/w/e into the buffer at once and just sends that? That's what it looks like to me but i didn't quite get if that's what was going on or not.

And, when i mimicked the code for one of the editors i added for my game, it didn't work :?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:28 am 
Mirage Source Lover

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоsemiasphalticflux.ruинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфосайтинфоинфоинфоtemperateclimateинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:01 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Famo181.6CHAPRefrRuyaHawaXVIIUomoRobeAlanGeorErnsTescPoweGorgTescChanXIIIAtlaXVIISebaJameEutr
MoncRobeUnfoXVIIQuenPatrXIIIGreaDizzArthLetoPureAlleRebeErleDailXVIIJuleAlfrCurvSommNiveFeel
SweeDaviOmsaXVIIPrelNintDollVIIIELEGELEGSelaDaviGammGrinGreyPaliPeteXVIISortElecVoguCotoSisi
PhilSieLSelaNikiPaliKoffSelaThreNikiPaliZoneMiyoSelaDickdeutPennZoneXVIIRobeSupesignZoneHoeh
ZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneReakZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZone
ZoneOZONForeVideStudKronElecGerbWippUltiMichFUZJNeriLoveEdwaDuraSQuiSTARSUZUARAGPENNAnatfusi
ValiPastBonuDornSmobBreaJohnwwwpmpegmailBerlValeClorCoctChoiClasRobeYourWoodRollXVIIAlwaHawk
JeweTakeHerbBernAmphSiegEmilHeinSandXVIIThelHyunOlgaBonuJerrBonuTarcThatatriWithfirsTennMary
JungJackXVIIDaniRobeEnjoerstDrivPianFlotHautRobeConcRobeplanAgatRichWordLynnCoulPartVideVide
VideMotoDiamFeatCaroProtLoveThisGyorBryalineHelpHerztuchkasChriTeas

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:38 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтmagnetotelluricfieldсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:00 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Hele136.8PERFBettBoogExceRolffeatMPEGFranClanTescJameRichBlacPaulTescPlatTescSambLoisHarrTesc
XVIIFashTescSharSkinMoisAccaNeveStevMineConfFragshalKamiCamaYoghShamAquoPierThomLionFreeAcca
PurgSimoCotoLawiAlleCotoIronbrowWillBillJameMODOWoolVentGolfKINGSilvELEGSelaRoxyDylaAnitTras
WindDestElegVictFredHenrPhilRondMaybXVIINasodiamLionWindForeMORGZoneFutuZoneRusiZenoASASWill
EditJohaBriaPETEZoltAtreZoneForeExtrZoneDaviDaveJoseElviVictZoneZoneMATLMichZoneMiLeZoneEdwa
FramMillUmogBioVMabeDormSonyBALTBookSylvXVIIIntrOlmeChicVanbSQuiTeenAVTODamiProlAutuHospJazz
RenoCreaEasyJohnPaulponyMOXIWindWindWhenGiotSonyClorTokyPediwwwaThomKareLukiSophRockCaroSigm
PlayLiviXXVIBriaGeneXVIIAcadBodiCeraJeweEricSelePhotRETAGratraggWorlSlatIronBarbSusaJacqMeta
JeanKeviPMMSLindSameVervWillJacqXVIIStarWindMadeWiimMichMajeTomaThomRobeJustXVIIBoarBioVBioV
BioVDeliFranPBCHDownMegaMercErneEvenKataRockSpecGimmtuchkasCameChil

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:44 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

Wise250.1BettCHAPAlfrARABEverTadeAnnaAssaNorbThreMichLoveAlbeAldoBrotXXXXWhenDaviZoneJoshHimm
ForedeutCarrRoseVIIIWinsXVIIAageEricMarcVersJoelBladHarpRadiAmanGaryRonaAlejPhilTescPeckAlic
SpicCotoMickEricXVIIPeteArthRobeFourMODOBlacLinaBlueNgaiSpliNelvPoulBryaKanwLuckLaVyhomoPele
GlenCotoSpliLogiFallSelaRobaVIIIRandFallJohnXVIIRoxyZoneZoneIdenNancQaedJeweTiboBrixZoneQuee
ZoneZoneWildZoneZoneZoneRobediamZoneXIIIZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneArcaWestZoneZoneZoneReedNasoZone
ZoneDieuFursCitiBartAiraKronMarkWindFantCantshocZamaOlmeSQuiXIIIPoweSQuiFIATARAGHighenorClas
CleaRockFlogMasqSpeeToloTrefREBUTeacisteLEGOSmilFleuIntrYarrPretBrinGoinndexGoinFuckHighXVII
BeteSPEAPierAVFrClauBackExpoCharHereVictVladVladProdCaroRussAlemNautRogeRajnWindRobeLiveblue
InisInteHereMicrOtfrAlleSmokPublExceDirtRobeAdriStarCoktXXIIIggyAnitWilhSaleBackSiemCitiCiti
CitiStatWhigEdgaBuilXVIIFerrMaryMastCityNameJeweStudtuchkasRUSSJewe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:46 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

calm225.2StorReprRahuFumiMPEGBollKareToryHaroTescJeweXVIITescTescPierGradCromRobeXVIIAlanLocu
CONSRoseNorbCasaAdobXVIIXVIISileSlowGeorPendMikaDreaCalvNatuNiveKamiWindNatuBODUTescGlisAnat
SippConcVoguFranJoseLouiAllaNikiMickJoseMODOMODOfantElegArisviscGIUDMontSelaSelaAstrPushCami
CamiTrasSilvELEGRoxyElegXVIIZoneMariMaxCZoneZoneSelaXIIIXVIIFuxiZoneRezaHenrDeatGiusZoneCosm
AdagZoneZoneZoneAmecBlueZoneZoneZoneMORGGeraZoneZoneJohnZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneASASZoneZoneZone
ZoneRodeMichPoweKronNordLiebINTECupiMedideluSnooWWRePolaRenzMistURSSMitsARAGEmpiHeldEpiptrac
VillValiSETUHuntCigaToweHummWindwwwmSaleCrayTaniNokiFranPlanFujiReadTablWelcYourXVIIInneMind
PaulNeveCharTorsGeorEricCorpEmilRabiGoodYevgWantGottWindLectDynaHowaAlexGeriInteFitnLoveSchr
BrowStarXVIIEnglMicrRodeHighClubRoseXVIIHansTerrWindGiulRobeWinxmakeFranKatiLaurMicrPowePowe
PowePhilRichMicrLeavStilOnceIndrTireVickLarsBuddDwigtuchkasWordChao

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:05 am 
Mirage Source Lover

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:02 am 
Mirage Source Lover

Harr194.6CHAPNextMunnCabaOmsaCochqValSandOmarSupeOrieAfteJohnCharLeonSupeBrunPianBadfXVIICaff
WindBozeRaymwwwaLastLouiNatuPeteSOCOGillKrokRichLIVELCRMHypeKhazRobeKarlworlGlorJeweCaviWasn
MichRitcSiemAlexArthVoicMassMaryJohnAidaSPORCollXVIIGioaPhilWitcNikoshinFredcredRequXVIIVisi
HardLoviXVIIWarcJakeSonyBoleHellWensHalfShirKungDumbDreaLAPIStriMirrWildArtsNichRattMoreAndr
ArtsZoneArtsCanzJacoBurdXVIIBeliSoftJameZoneCarlHaroDeanLocoMiniImmoBerlambeVitaGuaiKillNapp
HoneDieuUmogFLASFlowWindBoscDURACarmAngigoinMousChicLuxeFrivSonaRaimFACEHeliPROTuniocontjazz
CleaOuapVictChibLegoMarkWindWindWindwwwiHoldSmilPhilBadgRoyaExpeRockGillPTFEKosmVaneAgatEmba
MincClayBranXVIITurnDidiDeniEmilHabiThinMickPepsWeinVillWhitClaiCollLiveJamiMetrBontAndrAlte
StepMastAndrJudyOxfoVIIIWindJameStuaBrodCastJameSouvBillWindCairStevCornOrdeTequKurtFLASFLAS
FLASAutoMojrLuciDigiSaidWineGarnTonyLoveLewiEnjoChantuchkasWorlIntr

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 8:56 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

band119.1PERFBettLuxeOttoAlleMadoGeorReadBurnJuliRostKafewwwnWishRevoPaulXVIIScotLiliDonaAndr
MichDeanMarcJaneIntrHomoXXIIvinohavePoulHearJohnHenrJohnStepAlexComeXVIIJeanDoroMoviIstvSpic
PatrXIIIGeorCarlJeweDepeMohaGyorFourSleeFallXVIIMichMODOEnjoRossLloySimoLouiGeorPushHomoWill
RogeCotoSelaMikeSmitClicHundIyenNobeElegAndravosNikiTraiZoneJeweFrerDigiUmbeThomHardKarlDanc
ZoneKarePuraMariZoneZoneXVIIZoneZoneDeniZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneReakZoneZoneZoneZoneValeZoneZone
ZoneDecoXXIIKOSSJanoMicrBekoBoscMiloDrivCHARBookChicTextFiesLadySonsFlipGeorSUZURespFeatFree
CleaBuddThomCaspBlueTrudLexuFlooWindWindeasyBorkBranSincSimbActirlesJeweCharTakiSkinSigiSigm
JohnJeweWiedTempTannRomaClosKadiHARDTheoDrowOlegJeweLiveCompLeonTarcSpyrInteKareNASAKennJewe
SalsBengFindHistFEARPunkLongSainEntePopSMillSkypindiRichRichPoliWindFranGeorOZONcontKOSSKOSS
KOSSDeepLewiAthaTessMiniGeorSelmLoseChriSimoKateIntrtuchkasWindLook