Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:54 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 712 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:28 pm 
Pro

I was wondering if there was a program that could store a bunch of other graphics and/or files into a single file, but couldn't easily be ripped apart (e.g., using winzip). I'm redoing a lot of my game system, and i wanted to store the majority of info in 1 file. I thought about searching PSCode, but i wasn't really quite sure what i should have searched.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:34 pm 
Password protect a .pk file and take stuff out of it like that, making your client input the password, but use some bullshit ass password that nobody could guess, and that bruteforce couldn't get. I was wanting this, but I couldn't find any info on reading/writing with zip files.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:38 pm 
Pro

well reading is really the biggest deal for me. as long as the program can easily read the data back out of it easily it should be okay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:44 pm 
Like I said, I found no information on this whatsoever, so if you do find something on it, please let me know.

I think this would be the best way to protect gfx and stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:03 am 
Pro

i'm not really doing it to protect my graphics, my tiles aren't a complete set. they're individual based on what they are. each tile, also has binary data with it. Now it's not difficult to store both the picture and binary data that goes along with it. I just don't want like... 500 individual images, then another 500 binary files just to store some data.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:09 am 
Community Leader

Google Talk: Darunada@gmail.com
I have a source for saving more than one image in a single file. I'll send it to you when I get home.

I am a professional software developer in Salt Lake City, UT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:10 am 
Pro

awesome, thanks dave.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:45 pm 
Submit-Happy

Save as binary..?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:00 pm 
Pro

Yeah but what about the images?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:21 pm 
Submit-Happy

Save as binary... >.>

I think Funkynut made a tut for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:49 pm 
Pro

hmmmm i didn't think you could store image data as binary and still correctly read it back.... interesting...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:53 pm 
Submit-Happy

Well, you can ^_^;;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:24 pm 
Pro

just like a

put, , frmmain.picture2.picture

?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:35 pm 
Submit-Happy

No

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:48 pm 
Pro

Don't be too helpful all at once now...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:52 pm 
Community Leader

Google Talk: johansson_tk@hotmail.com
Kite wrote:
Well, you can ^_^;;
Are you really sure you can? Doesn't sound reasonable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:53 pm 
Submit-Happy

I can't remember, but I think it was binary...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:24 pm 
Regular

You sure you dont mean store it into a form?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:29 pm 
Submit-Happy

TheRealDamien wrote:
You sure you dont mean store it into a form?

How the fuck do I mistake binary for saving it in a form!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:03 pm 
Knowledgeable

You do do know that a picture is basically a lot of data that tells the computer what to do right (how to put the picture together)? So using logic, why cant you make your own format...

You could even save the image data the way has it stored in bitmaps, but latch on your own data somewhere, problem solved.
Of course, I doubt its as easy as that, since you'd probably have to work out, which part of the file is actually image and which isn't yada yada

A good start would be to look at the file layout of bitmaps if you want to create your own file format.

There are probably much easier ways to do what you want, but I'm too lazy to actually read the rest of the topic.

O here's a site with some zipping info, not sure if its useful
http://www.codeguru.com/vb/gen/vb_graph ... php/c6743/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:06 pm 
Knowledgeable

O yea, that thing Kite was referring to was my tut that loaded any file and compressed it as a new file using zlib

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:12 am 
Community Leader

Google Talk: Darunada@gmail.com
Make a custom file format. Put a file header (all files should have file headers)

Then next in the file, put an array of file pointers. These pointers point to each image entry's first byte.

Encrypt each image, then put it into the file. Have the pointer point to each start byte of each image.

There you go, a fast file format with encryption, that you don't need to load every part to get one small part :)

Can some one say my tile engine?

I am a professional software developer in Salt Lake City, UT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:50 pm 
Knowledgeable

Sorry if i make a tit out of myself im i'll so forgive me, but cant you save loads of files in .cab file? Im sure most games do it now :S

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:05 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.ruсайтsemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoningtechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.ruhttp://temperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:09 pm 
Mirage Source Lover

XVII

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 712 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next