Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:38 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:57 am 
Regular

TheRealDamien wrote:
Incase you didnt read on another topic I got that done its just once I added it in the source messed up but now ive fixed the problem.

As for the Advocate I did say that and the reason I said that is because it would be better to to complete scrap mirage source and start over... I mean pratically everything needs to be rewrote...

Anyway thats my personal opinion on the matter.

Darned source code, just going and messing up, all on its own.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:51 am 
Regular

Well... for a few pointers..

1. mirage source users up 100% CPU (this requires 40 to 60% of the graphic system to be rewrote.

2. mirage source needs almost 80% of the walking/running system rewrote because of the lag/flaw problems.

3. mirage source would require around 80% rewrite of everything just to get a stable product.

Those are facts... that I hope william will fix/sort.

So pando you were saying?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:54 am 
Regular

1: Your CPU must suck -_- I NEVER get that high of numbers. Ever.
2: Lag? what? I know of a couple little flaws that don't matter too much at all.
3: The product is stable. Name all of the "80%" of things that needs to be rewritten.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:08 am 
Persistant Poster

TheRealDamien wrote:
Well... for a few pointers..

1. mirage source users up 100% CPU (this requires 40 to 60% of the graphic system to be rewrote.

2. mirage source needs almost 80% of the walking/running system rewrote because of the lag/flaw problems.

3. mirage source would require around 80% rewrite of everything just to get a stable product.

Those are facts... that I hope william will fix/sort.

So pando you were saying?

I hope you read what I said before I edited, Damien.

d i e.
:: Pando

Last edited by Tony on Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:11 am 
Regular

Ok Pando that's just too far -_- No more flaming past this post... any flame post will be removed =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:12 pm 
Persistant Poster

Ah okay. I removed it. Even though I hate his guts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:16 pm 
Regular

Which MS are we talking about? Becuase this is not just me who has noticed these problems... Dr.Spoon, JokeOfTheWeek and even XP79.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:23 pm 
Persistant Poster

I use ms 3.03 and everythings fine. If you have problems stop being a cry baby and fix it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:37 pm 
Community Leader

Google Talk: johansson_tk@hotmail.com
Damien, mirage source are more than you give it credit for. Overall Mirage is a stable, well coded engine. It could be highly improved. But 80%, that tells us all about your knowledge in the subject.

There are like 2 major things to improve, packets and gfx. The rest is vb tricks and such.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:18 pm 
Submit-Happy

Damien, sorry, but you are completely wrong.

Plus if you think Mirage is bad, why are you here?

And using it at that.

Most of us have been using Mirage (Or Mirage based products) for years.

Personally, I have been using it since I got the Interwebs.

The system works well.

It is stable, well thought out (in most cases) and it works!

Ok, so some of the features could be improved, but when there are only two releases at the moment, it would be stupid not having features which could be improved.

It is open source, if you want to play around with it and try and fix those 'problems' you talked about, then go for it.

But I know for a fact that you know nothing about what you are talking about, because you asked my to add 96x96 spell animations for you.

I highly doubt you being able to fully optimise Mirage.

If you are talking about an engine which can hold 2000 people and handle constant alpha-blending and particle effects, then we have a long way to go, but it isn't really something we want it to become.

Mirage is a source where you can pull together a nice little game, where you can play with friends and have a small-ish community full of dedicated members who don't mind about features like those.

Mirage is stable (unless you really mess it up), well programmed and well thought out.

Mirage does it's job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:36 pm 
I have to agree with Kite on everything he stated about Mirage. I've never had a problem with MS, and no matter what life throws at me, I find myself right back here in the end anyways.

It's a great source to learn VB with, and the community here is just awesome, no matter if there are few of us that actually care to contribute and post on a regular basis.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:48 pm 
Knowledgeable

If anything, fix the bugs :) There are numerous and some serious bugs in the MSE Base. To back up my claim, checkout the bug tracker of my PW successor: http://www.orpgmaker.com/bt/ Under Product/Version, look for all listings that have "MSE Base".

Those are bugs that I have found or fixed that is in MSE. At my count (I know there are more), there are at least 20. And some of those entries are for multiple scenes. Like server not really checking the packet content on each section of every packet. This is a must, and a nice cause of server crashing ..

Just remove all lines of "On Error Remove Next" in client and server. As well as go into your IDE > Tools > Options > General (tab), and tick "Break on All Errors".

You should get a lot of errors when running the client and server. Fix those buggers and that should help ... Also the Code Cleaner from PSC does a lot of optimizations listed in the KB. Also using the string ($) equiv, in most cases, mean the compiler will spit out less code, thus smaller exe size ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:52 pm 
Mind linking me to that code cleaner? I'd like to take a look at it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:05 pm 
Knowledgeable

http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/sc ... 7&lngWId=1

Someone on this forum mentioned that it also spits out lots of comments .. since the source is available, just remove that functionality :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:50 pm 
Knowledgeable

kind of late butttt when i first joined MS it was the first time i started VB, try fixing up small things that you know will be tooken out for example Resize GUI kind of got me when i first started. 8)