Mirage Source

Free ORPG making software.
It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 5:23 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:49 pm 
Knowledgeable

First off, G15 setup, spam cast spell and loop.

Autohotkey setup

Code:
#Persistent

Loop
{

PixelSearch, OutputVarX, OutputVarY, 0, 0, 1680, 1200, 0xBDF9FF, 0, Fast
'find npc with pixel 0xBDF9FF
Sleep, 50
'wait one sec to send server clickpacket and retrieve it, see if we targetted something
MouseClick, left, OutputVarX, OutputVarY
'click that location to target it
Sleep, 1000
'1 sec break, who cares why
PixelSearch, OutputVarX, OutputVarY, 0, 0, 1680, 1200, 0x565AFF, 0, Fast
'check if we actually targetted an npc, by checking for the target frame. In robin's game, a red frame appears around targets, so check that code
if ErrorLevel = 0
    Sleep 5000
'if we got a target, give it 5 secs to kill it
PixelSearch, OutputVarX, OutputVarY, 0, 0, 1680, 1200, 0x565AFF, 0, Fast
'check if the red target box is still there, an indication the target is still alive, if so, wait 5 more secs
if ErrorLevel = 0
    Sleep 5000
}

Quite easy, should work on any MS-game.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:29 pm 
Banned

Any suggestion on bot prevention Joost?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:05 pm 
Knowledgeable

James wrote:

Have a little automated message sent to users every once in a while, requesting them to answer a simple simple question. Perhaps even give a tiny reward. If you fear users might be afk, you could always add in an Idle timer variable saying how long the player has been idle for (not casting or attacking or anything at all). If they dont answer, kick if it's first offence, ban on second offence.

Just an idea :P

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:10 pm 
Regular

JokeofWeek wrote:
James wrote:

Have a little automated message sent to users every once in a while, requesting them to answer a simple simple question. Perhaps even give a tiny reward. If you fear users might be afk, you could always add in an Idle timer variable saying how long the player has been idle for (not casting or attacking or anything at all). If they dont answer, kick if it's first offence, ban on second offence.

Just an idea :P

Um yeeahh. Except if the elapsed seconds of idling is greater then a number then destroy TCP and game.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:15 am 
Regular

If you wish to make a program that does kernel checks on a target process for anti-hacking be my guest.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:02 am 
Knowledgeable

Yeah, many games use either external softwares or built-in code to scan for possible botting software. It is a good idea, although there can be some downfalls to it. It's always good to have some basic protection though.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:49 am 
Knowledgeable

Encrypt sprites. I had some trouble finding a good pixel in every sprite, that was centered and not used anywhere else. I winded up editing the sprites I needed, big yellow box in the middle for targetting.

Blocking out a G15 is rather hard to do. The best way to check this is manually. And if an MS-program starts shutting down my programs I'd be rather pissed off. To put it bluntly, there really is no way to stop it. There are still bots for WoW.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:29 pm 

Joost wrote:
Encrypt sprites. I had some trouble finding a good pixel in every sprite, that was centered and not used anywhere else. I winded up editing the sprites I needed, big yellow box in the middle for targetting.

That's somewhat effective, but I've used a few Auto programs that have ways around that (like finding multiple pixels with static distances between them).

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:44 pm 

Botting can't be completely prevented. There are some measures that work to a certain extent (like using a watcher with higher user right) but users will complain about that and rightfully so.

Instead, while your game is small - which MS games tend to be most of the time - you can really just keep banning botters manually. Most MS games are like a village: Everyone knows about anyone, bots will be quickly detected without some advanced "HAXX" protection. And it'll annoy players less. Seriously.

Greetz, Atlantis